Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fogrunner

Flight Options 0 Gemini Air Cargo 5

Two more Flt Ops folks are joining the Gemini Air Cargo ranks. They will be in the March new-hire MD-11 class.

Since September Gemini has hired 10% of its new-hires from Flt Ops.

Welcome aboard guys. Hopefully more to follow.......

fogrunner said:
Flight Options 0 Gemini Air Cargo 5

Two more Flt Ops folks are joining the Gemini Air Cargo ranks. They will be in the March new-hire MD-11 class.

Since September Gemini has hired 10% of its new-hires from Flt Ops.

Welcome aboard guys. Hopefully more to follow.......

Where's the love? Pick me!!:)

Flight Options is losing pilots to companies other than Gemini. Pilots departed FO at the RATE OF ONE A DAY DURING FEB with more than 30 departing the pattern since the first week of Jan.

Pending changes to pilot policy announced later this week will cause even more to leave. Tier three gone, schedule changes, crew meal changes and the list goes on. Flight Options is very much a bottomline company. With the Buffet announcement that NetJets will post a profit this year increases the pressure. Pilots, standby for heavy rolls and green water over the bow.

I am hoping to be one that departs in March or April. Just waiting to be called back. You will know when I am leaving. I will leave a company wide BB message. Might be interesting too.

Last edited:
Dep676, good luck. I am on my way out also. I also am just waiting for the node. The deal breaker for me is the pending company announcement affecting the company policy toward pilots. Tier three, crew meals, schedule, and more will be announced and implemented before the union vote happens. Therefore, when status quo is imposed by the success of the union vote, the company will have achieved its goal of altering pilot employee policy and the first MEC will be negotiating from a very poor position. The only thing the pending announcement will not discuss is pay or pay cuts. Everything, and I mean everything, else is going to take a turn for the worse.

Yeah I am jumping ship no matter what the annoucement is. That is if I get offered the job. Nothing can make me stay here anymore. I think you are right about the vote. If and when it happens it may be to late.

Good Luck to you too.

Yes, Dep676, You are correct. I am outa' here no matter what. It just is not where I want to be.

Recent discussion of NJA undercutting the competition does not bode well for NJA pilots or the pilots of other fractional organizations. Undercutting the competition means depressed prices and a depressed salary for all those involved in fractional aviation.

Open discussion of under pricing the product by the leadership of NJA can only mean that the determination NOT to provide the pilots of NJA with better pay is a foregone conclusion.

interesting. i thought (it sounds as if i may be wrong) that FO was a good place to be. Gemeni seems like a great place. where else are folks leaving to.

sue

Latest resources

Back