• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Job Offer/Decision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I think I will just stay where I am for now... I actually really enjoy flying the C-208 plus the pay and schedule are OK now. All of these very helpful and sadly negative comments about FLOPS are just too compelling to ignore... Rolling the dice and hoping for a contract and improved working conditions is too much of a gamble. I live near Vegas and I gave up playing dice years ago since you just can't really ever win!

I really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to respond and help me out on this difficult decision. Thank you ALL!

Word is getting around

Well the word is getting around about what a $hit bucket Floptions has become.

Sitting at the bar tonight I met a couple of 135 pilots form DAL. During conversation, the FO of the pair, started talking about where he was planning to direct his future, airlines or maybe fractionals. He talked about Southwest and NJ, CS, and Flex in that order. Finally he came around to talking about Floptions and that he had sent in a resume a couple of years ago but not since we started hiring again. I asked why and he was uncomfortable with his response attempting to be polite.

I couldn't help but smile and shake my head. He recognized the look on my face and asked if it was as bad as he had heard. The last vestige of pride I have left for the place I have spent the past 9 years of my life kept me from trashing the company any more then he has already heard. I simply told him if he had other options he would be better off pursuing them rather the investing his time at Floptions. Going into the gory details about what is so screwed up here was more then I really cared to share in person.

He said that Floptions poor pay and working conditions are widely known and we have become a place considered worse the the worse $hitbag regional.

Thank you Schreeinga and Sanjay for turning this place into something that I have to feel ashamed of when I tell someone where I work.

Merry Christmas you a$$ wipes.

I am such a newb to this stuff...but since it is so bad over there why don't the pilots strike?

Right now, the pilots are "VOTING WITH THEIR FEET".

Since the end of the summer, we have lost at least 6-7 guys whose seniority #'s were only in the double digits. Thats the 10% most senior pilots. Half of them were #50 or less!! That makes them employees who were there since 1997 - 1998.

Often, the most senior guys will stick it out the longest because they don't want to give up that seniority. Very senior guys punching out at Options...that says something!

If someone on the ramp tells you Options aint that bad,

1 make sure they're not wearing the kiddie wings we give to our child pax for fun.

2 see if they're wearing the IBT 1108 pin...more than likely, they're not.

As for the health insurance the company reasoning was that since the pilot was not able to work a certain # of days ( due to kemo) he was no longer considered a full time employee and was not entitled to health insurance from the company. So they kicked him off.
Believe it or not it is not illegal for them to do that just immoral.

I was going to come and work for you guys but after reading that....

Fired before they got started

Just so that all you potential new hires for Floptions are aware, you have to start watching what you say and to whom you say it from the very beginning.

Floptions recently found 8 pilots that were hard up enough to accept positions. During indoc 2 of these pilots said something, probably some innocuous, meaningless, slip of the tong, and the result was they were fired right form indoc.

Additionally another one saw the light and quit before going to BBJ initial. This left only 5 pilots and 2 of them are so inexperienced that it unlikely they will be able to complete initial without significant additional training or a blind eye form the DE.

Floptions is a sh!tbag operation at this time run by third rate management. DO NOT consider Floptions if you have any other option including greeter at WalMart.

I actually doubt that Netjets is a viable option for me. That is why I kind of thought of this as maybe my best last chance to fly corporate jets. NJ didn't hire a fellow pilot here that applied a while ago.

wrong way of looking at things my friend, everyone is different, you don't know why he did not get hired. Sometimes people have good interviews, but don't get the job, it happens..

The only downside of trying to get on at NJ is the wait. I hear anywhere from 7-9 months for an interview, and its prety competitive. Try CS, FX and Avant Air, you could get an interview invitation within two weeks.

good luck

Pilots hiring bases

Talked to a buddy of mine in CGF today and learned that management has started to pull their collective heads out of their collective butts. After being told repeatedly by our Union officials that their plan to have 5 or 6 bases would not work, they now are attempting to hire in 16 cities. Even with opening up more cities they will have to deal with the crappy reputation that Floptions has in the industry, the truth about about how management treats Floptions pilots, the embarrassingly low pay and ridiculous benefits, and the bottom of the barrel QOL we have to tolerate.

I'm sure that they will find a small group of pilots that are desperate enough to consider Floptoins, unable to get on with a reputable company, but when we are losing 10-12 pilots a month these desperadoes will be little more then a band-aid. We have green jets sitting with no crews to man them and the jets we do have maned are being maned by 2 PIC's.

SUX to be Sh!tfinger and Punjab right now.:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back