Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHY

WHAT IS YOUR DEAL???

If your so happy NOT be a FRAC pilot why dont you stay the hell off the FRAC pilots pages???

Flyfog

Flydog,

Someone is going to pay you or let you fly a plane as captain. Surely they are going to make you file a NOTAM or something so others will know you are in the air.

Now why would anyone make a crack about a "notam" when a guy is fortunate enough to upgrade to captain in an expeditious manner?

Great job, flydog. If you weren't up to speed, you pobably wouldn't have the job.

Depends more on who's doing the walking.

Yes hours seem to count, but from what I've heard it matters more who you know. I worked with a guy that just got picked up and is starting class in mid June who had barely 2200 total time, most of it banging around 1900's, with less than 700 served from the left seat. He admits that the reason he got the job is that he was on good terms with a guy working at FO already, not for any other reason.

Hello

Welcome to the "real world". It has always been "who you know". I am sure there are folks hired at the big three that had less qualifications than some of your commuter captains. The one thing these folks that got hired was an inside scoop. It just doesn't matter if you have a few jet types and a few thousand hours as jet PIC as long as you have someone on the inside helping you out. I never heard a peep from the airlines (except USAir) until a buddy of mine got off probation and wrote me a LOR. Within one week, I had an app. sent to me which pretty much meant an interview. I will be the first to admit it, the whole hiring thing is a fickle sport!!!!
Didn't mean to piddle on your parade, but that is how it is.
DD

Re: Depends more on who's doing the walking.

WileE said:
..but from what I've heard it matters more who you know. ...

Truthfully it is who KNOWS you. The fuel jockey at the mom and pop FBO or the F16 pilot may know dozens of people in the industry, however in real life it breaks down to who knows you and would want to fly with you. Also does that person have confidence enough in your ability to put his/her name anywhere near your application. It is a subtle difference but an important one.

meet them

They will be at the career fair this weekend in FLL. Go meet them and talk to them.
There is not one recruiter that I know that does not like to see the person rather than the paper. Face time, it is invaluable.

Job fair?

Ok, I'm new to this board so I might be missing something. What are the details on this job fair? Where might I find the 5 W's on this thing? Any place the FO HR guys will be is someplace I'm going to try and get to if the flight schedule permits.

Latest resources

Back