Flight Options Dedicated Crewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, why all the stars on the FO posts

Hey, just an observation...ok 2 observations.

1. Why do the Flight Options related posts have stars next to them and none of the other subjects do? :)

2. Of course you have dedicated crewing. When you are flying a bunch of old clunkers that are not standardized, you need to keep the same guys on them so that SOMEONE knows the quirks and the mx history. :)

Come on now guys, lighten up.

By the way, having said that, dont we ALL fly used aircraft. After all, once you pick it up from Wichita, its used, right? :)

Kid dynomite

KiddDynomite

You said that you were at Options a while ago.
I think we flew together.

Does Rochester, NY mean anything to you?
And were you a former Miller pilot?

Let me know So that I know it is you.

The stars are the rating given by users. you can rate a thread by clicking the link at the bottom of the thread. 1-5 stars

I've read this thread with fascination. Ok my spelling sucks but here goes.

I came from a small 135 operator where every trip counted. I loved the man I worked for like a father. Most of us were A&P's and he was an IA. I wasn't an A&P but that was because i was too lazy to take the test.

We used to do cylendar head changes on the ramp in HPN when a plane went down. Every day when I went to fly I knew that every trip counted and we had a mission to do.

So I would make sure I got every trip done. If something broke I knew why but I would make sure the trip would get done. WITHIN REASON OF COURSE.

...... Then i came to EJA. All during aircraft training my questions were, what circuit breaker resets that, how do I turn that light off.... stuff like that. I had my leatherman and I was ready to fix anything that broke on the road.

Then I went on the road and it was like someone kicking me in the NUTS. It's safety stupid that's the motto here. I couldn't believe it.

If a lightbulb was burnt out or something wasn't just "feeling right" we're done, and a maintenece guy comes out and works on it.

I can't describe when I cringe on the phone about a writeup and the PM and MX supervisor says with a cheerful voice "don't worry about it we'll take care of it right away, your all done we'll work on hotel info asap."

We work on the big picture here, if you break down someone else will swoop in and pick up your pax. There is NO pressure on us.

I just grin and smile. The fractional industry can't afford an accident or a death. I make sure I let all my owners know how safe this place is.

All I can say is thank you EJA for keeping me safe. I know it's sappy but when I look back I realize how close I was towing the line. JP you know what I mean.

Hey Flydog,

You need to learn to pick battles more wisely, 'cause you're gonna lose this one. Only a two bit puke who has no substance, character, skill or a set between his legs would act like you. Your one of those company geeks that will fly broken junk, work an eighteen hour day, piss and moan about the company and then blow in anyone who wants union representation. I know your type, and you'd probably bend over for Uncle Kenny anytime he'd ask.

Save the smartass remarks, I'll read about you in "Aftermath"

Regards,

KiddDynomite

P.S. Jetdog, Western New York is familiar!

First, I dont work at Flight Options as I already stated numerous times above

Second, if you read my posts instead of picking personal fights youll see I never advocated flying unairworthy airplanes, busting unions, or working over duty times. All the things you allege I said are untrue.

If you really read my posts you would see my comments as well as that of the other poster's support unions with respect to maintenance as they offer support of a pilot who doesnt want to fly "broken junk" as you put it

As far as working over duty time I dont see that any where on this thread

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back