Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sub Sonic

Hey guys,
Does anyone know if you can commute to work with Flight Options like you can with NetJets? Or are you absolutely stuck at your domicile?

Thanks.

Flight Options New Policy

Flight Options is only hiring for specific locations, so you will ALWAYS start and end your rotation at the domicile that you are hired into. It blows!

Why does it blow to get a postive seat to and from work? Especially if you live where you are based. Maybe you haven't tried jumpseating to and from work for several years...Now that can Blow!

We've never jump seated. Always have positive space. Cheapest seats, but positive space.
You will be required to live within 90 minutes of your domicile. You WILL start and stop every roration at that domicile. When RON'ing there, they won't put you up in a hotel either from what I understand.

HawkerCapt ...

When RON'ing there, they won't put you up in a hotel either from what I understand.

If you overnight at your domicile, they will put you up in a hotel. Or, if you'd prefer, they'll get you a rental car and you can go home for the night if you live close enough.

There are many who live more than 90 minutes away from their domiciles. The only hard rule is that if you live more than an hour away from the airport, on day one you need to get moving that direction if on "standby". When on standby, they can give you a 2 1/2 hour call out to get to a flight (an hour to the airport plus an hour and a half show time).

JXB said:

If you overnight at your domicile, they will put you up in a hotel. Or, if you'd prefer, they'll get you a rental car and you can go home for the night if you live close enough.

There are many who live more than 90 minutes away from their domiciles. The only hard rule is that if you live more than an hour away from the airport, on day one you need to get moving that direction if on "standby". When on standby, they can give you a 2 1/2 hour call out to get to a flight (an hour to the airport plus an hour and a half show time).

I sit corrected.

I stand for nothing.

I enjoyed my 2 years so much at Flight Options I left! If you have no life or jet time it's a great place to work. You go to cool airports like Aspen, Telluride, Sun Valley, and who can forget Teterboro. It apparently was a pretty good place to work right up until just before I started there. Most of the pilots are great. Management is clueless. They will do anything to show a profit. Including pissing off the owners and pilots. You have to live where they tell you to now, and with Netjets' TA, you really get to know how underappreciated you are. Cause there isn't gonna be a "Were gonna match what their getting" letter from Mike S. anytime soon.

AJL5236 said:
How do the pilots like it at flight options. What are the current mins? thanks

To be honest....almost everyone is looking to leave. Getting treated worse here than anywhere I have ever worked, (and I flew freight for several years!).

And if you come here now you will sit at whatever base they decide to be hiring for that day, and work the flex schedule and probably not upgrade for 5-7yrs.

I won't even help any of my friends try to get on here anymore because I would be ashamed to do that to them.

And it used to be the BEST place I had ever worked.

Latest resources

Back