• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Accident?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm very curious where you met these angry FO/ Travel Air guys. I see guys from my company all over the continent and I've found one guy who was bitter, but the rest are very satisfied with the company. Find another company to be bitter with. Ours is doing well.

Holy piss SafetyCheck. When will you fall into an open manhole cover and die already you rat

You got 6000 hits because they like watching a moron like yourself at work. For all we know you viewed your own post 5900 times.

Mishaps happen to all organizations, regardless of size or industry. We happen to work in a field where mishaps make the news. Let's try not to feed the fire.

Constructive discussion of safety issues is a useful activity for learning about this business. However, it is hard to learn when you lose your objectivity.

As for Flight Options, I have never met a pilot for them that didn't tell me it was a great place to fly. I'd love to work there.

Re: 6000 hits means this topic is hot

Safetycheck said:
Perhaps this topic has been "beaten to death" in this particular forum, but I ask you this. Is there such a thing as beating to death a subject that will improve safety in the industry?

If you really believe that you are going to improve safety by posting on any message board questioning the SOP's and pilot skills of any pilot or company, you are dillusional. If you are really that concerned, I would suggest that you apply for Director of Safety at Flight Options.

I agree with other posters that suggest you have some sort of obsession with Flight Options. Are you as concerned about the 1000's of accidents that happen at other fractionals and airlines?

Don't misunderstand me. I firmly believe that good healthy discussion about safely performing our jobs is a positive thing, but to question and critisize a particuliar company or their pilots because of an accident is non-productive. You Sir, seem hostile towards Flight Options.

We should all hope and pray that all is well with those pilots and that we are never in that situation. Never believe it can't happen to you.

Those of you who have never made a mistake, please toss the first stone!!! I have made many, but have managed to survive and learn from them. This is called experience! I respect ALL the Flight Options pilots. They are true professionals in every way. There is enough room for all of us in this buisness.

gump

Response to Gump

Gump said this:

Those of you who have never made a mistake, please toss the first stone!!! I have made many, but have managed to survive and learn from them. This is called experience!

So, Gump... the more experience a pilot has the better, correct? This seems to be every customer's desire, to have pilots who have lots of experience. So, if that is your definition of experience, then why did those guys lose their jobs? Now they are more experienced. They survived, the owners survived thank the Good Lord.

They made a gross error in judgement. They disregarded everything they were taught...or maybe they werent taught.

My point is that NOONE is perfect. Now, go crawl back under your rock!

g

Safety

If Flight Options is such a "safety concern" to you then why would the former President of the United States be buying into our program? I have no idea about other aircraft in our fleet but the one I fly is a heck of a machine and is very well taken care of either with our own maintenance or with outside vendors. Also, all of the pilots I have flown with have been nothing but proffessionals and extremely competent.

Just my 2 cents.....

Hey Army

I see you are a "proffessional" speller too, huh?

Guess you must be flyin for Dan Quayle or something....

Final Score---FLOPS 21 Oppsition 21

Well this started out as a normal thread and then WOW it got hot in here. May I just sum it all up by saying something. To quote somebody I don't know who it was: Good Judgement comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgement". That should settle the 3000 hour question. I've flown with some real $hit hot FO's with 1800 or so hours. But on the flip side I've also flown with a few lousy Capatins who had well over 5500 hours. It's the pilot not the logbook.
BTW.....the winds at MDW were really beastly. I was there in my Cessna 152 and had to do a flaps up landing. Good thing it was the Sparrowhawk conversion with the 125 HP engine! Yes I am kidding.......

Latest resources

Back