• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Option Tidbits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's have a show of hands. (metaphorically speaking) Who has heard the story of Shawn and the Toilet Paper? Better yet who has lived the story of Shawn and the Toilet Paper? When I first heard this story I thought it was a myth, but since I've heard it from at least 3 pilots with nearly identical details I think it has to be fairly credible. C'mon, you guys who lived the Shawn and the Toiler Paper adventure I invite you to add it to our Tidbits folder. It's an amusing and illustrative story. Who's gonna be first?

Well ya cant leave us hanging....

Never lived it but I heard that one. I heard that when $heetfinger was at Pinnacle, he had the crews take TP from the hotel to stock the airplanes.

There is no way this story can be true. As anyone who has worked for Shaun can attest, you're going to be staying at a flea bag hotel where TP useage is "pay as you go". When you're at a Super 8 in the 'hood there ain't no such thing as a spare roll to steal. :D

Bob you arrogant ass!

Every single thing that I despise about unions and the union mentality is stated in this post. Take down the company and all the employees that work there. Take away everybody's job security, paycheck and home life. Remove their benefits, their way of life, their careers and their futures because you don't think that management is doing it the right way and you ain't got the nuts to step into managment and try to make things better yourself. Your union leadership that has failed to negotiate a CBA is going to put every employee there at risk. An agreement is based on two sides agreeing, not just one. 34% of the pilots chose NOT to force a union into the company, yet they are living with the reality that they may be unemployed by the selfish and "know it all" 66% that did.

Be careful what you ask for, you wanted a union... you got yourself a union and all the joy that comes with it.

I LOVE my non-union airline.

Bob, You are such an arrogant ass! We voted in a Union beacuse you, Sheeringa and Sanjay are on a mission to destroy this company and take away everything that we have worked hard for and earned! You have failed to work with the employees of Flight Options and have clearly demonstrated that you only know how to run a company cheaply, not eficiently! You have taken away my job security by driving away owners with poor mx and service. You have killed my paycheck by taking away perdiem, failing to reimburse me for expenses, raised my insurance and cut my retirement. You have killed my way of life with your jackass move with the new "vacation bidding" and extra assigned days in November as well as taking away my domicile! For you to say that I don't have the nuts is a bold assumtion as it is you and your "team" that lacks the nuts to work with us! By working with the Union to establish a solid CBA and working relationship we will grow and be strong with sustainable profitability. With your continued actions to stall negotiations and run the course that you are running, it is you that is going to directly threaten all of the non-union employees of this company!

Bob, the only thing that I agree with you is that it will take both sides to agree to this! You clearly know what we want, so it is time for you to cut the crap and start working with us!

66% of the pilots didn't force a Union onto this company, You forced us to vote for protection and a say in our future, before you ran us into bankruptcy

Bob, You got the Union you deserved and we are here so get used to it and start working with us!

As told to me

At one of the USAir feeders Shawn's first gig in aviation stupidity was procurement. He got the big idea to quit buying that expensive toilet paper required by the ATR. In spite of the objections of those that knew better (sound familiar?) the crews were to bring the regular tp from the hotels for use in the ATR. I guess the ATR required something like camper toilet paper. Well the crews knowing better brought double and triple plies for use. Turns out the ATR toilet motors did not dig that and proceeded to burn up. At the tune of about 8 g's apiece. Well it seems to me things haven't changed much and our fearless leader hasn't learned much in his vast aviation experience. Like I say I did not live this cluster but I've heard it from more than one who did. Seems quite plausible. And what I like best is Shawn bid other's to do his dirty work, ie thievery, I bet BT wishes he could have been there.

Not sticking up for the guy, but Shawn's first aviation gig was with America West after he graduated from ASU.

Also, there have never been ATR's flying in USAir colors. Dash-8's yes, but nothing from France.

If there were problems with the a$$ wipe and the Dash, I never new about them, but that would be way down the list of reasons Shawn was soooo liked by the pilots.

He's been part of 3 Bankruptcies. The shut down of on division within USAir ... remember Metro jet. Retro-active pay and benefit cuts. The termination of pension plans, etc.:mad:

The company uses enough misleading facts against us in this battle, we don't want to stoop to their level.

First to admit it

Not sticking up for the guy, but Shawn's first aviation gig was with America West after he graduated from ASU.

Also, there have never been ATR's flying in USAir colors. Dash-8's yes, but nothing from France.

If there were problems with the a$$ wipe and the Dash, I never new about them, but that would be way down the list of reasons Shawn was soooo liked by the pilots.

He's been part of 3 Bankruptcies. The shut down of on division within USAir ... remember Metro jet. Retro-active pay and benefit cuts. The termination of pension plans, etc.:mad:

The company uses enough misleading facts against us in this battle, we don't want to stoop to their level.

Like I said I've only gotten this story second and third hand. But I've heard it so many times is there not even an element of truth in it? If not I take it all back. It ain't like I'm Options Management, I can admit when I've made a mistake.

Latest resources

Back