• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetflyer

Concerned Citizen
The smallest flight kit in the CVG flight station had these dimensions:
18"x13"x7"

It has been posted on here that a flight kit of 18"x11"x7 was the largest you could have in the CRJ. Do you really need one that small!? The 18x13x7 one seemed pretty dang small, and I don't know how you'd fit your materials in one smaller.

Thanks,
Jet

Mine is 18x13x8 and fits very snugly into the slot. You might be able to get 19" into it lengthwise, but the 8" width is about the max.

Thanks FL000,

I think I'm gonna get the 18x13x7 then, or if i can find one with the 8 inch width I think I'm gonna go with that.

Thanks again,
Jet

Thanks FL000,

For a moment there I thought I was going to have to buy a second kit bag. Mine is 18 x 12 x 8 and I can't afford to get another one on a furloughees salary.

Good info.

There's a good thread over on the general board about this topic. Sorry I don't remember what the title was, but I'm sure a search of keywords will pull it up.

F.W.I.W.

I got mine at Office Depot. It's not real leather, but to be perfectly honest, I don't know that I'd want a really nice bag (even if I thought it was worth the $$) Over the course of a few years, they're going to get pretty banged up anyway, and if you plan to slap a bunch of stickers on it like everyone seems to, why spend the extra $? The $60 special I've got has held up fine structurally for the 2+ years I've been using it. Fits the cutout in the CRJ perfectly. (And it looks really good with my Jimmy Buffett stickers on it.)

Latest resources

Back