• Start date
  • Watchers 9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Buddy, Yea, it went well and I started class on the 26th. I got the ERJ in Dallas. Only 6 props offered to our class so even the next to youngest guy got a prop. Lots of senior guys who could have had jets picked San Juan.

I'm in systems now and this stuff is pretty tough but the instructor is good. Hardest thing I've ever done but I keep thinking about that RJ at the end of line.

If I was 25 and single I'd definitely be in San Juan with you! It's all what you make of it so make it fun!

IHF

Christmas bonus used to be $50 before taxes, but I heard last year they got coupons for 10% off at Denny's (Which all went out of business in Nashville)!!

Dr4uh60l said:
Christmas bonus used to be $50 before taxes, but I heard last year they got coupons for 10% off at Denny's (Which all went out of business in Nashville)!!

After flying horrible airplanes in horrible weather during horrible hours, well $50 at the end of the year is a f**king insult. I felt like sending it back and telling them to shove it but that would have made them $50 richer, not me.

IHF

I can confirm the Denny's coupons rumour. I didn't even know that was our "Christmas Bonus" until I talked to some other folks. They just showed up with our paychecks with no explanation. The best part was the coupon was 10% off the 2nd meal (ie you had to eat with somebody) so it was completely worthless to me.

Aero surfer

Your phone doesnt work any more so if you see this call me.
G

For a New Hire at FLX the Baron upgrade time is approximately 1 year. I have worked there almost two years now. Management is friendly. The trouble with getting time off is their shorthandedness.

Flight Express' days are numbered. Sorry boys and girls...but the spectre of "Check-21" is finally turning into reality. Check flying is coming to an end. FLX is transitioning it's business model emphasis to that of a GROUND COURIER. Banking customers continue to bail. It won't be long now. Can't say I didn't try to warn you. (see previous posts re: check-21) May still be time to build time for about 4 more months. Look for Airnet to rapidly phase out their check flying as well. Airnet is working with it's banking customers to be the supplier of the software needed to facilitate check imaging instead of flying them. Airnet and Flight Express still have a few lab contracts to keep a skeleten fleet in the air. Airnet much more than FLX. Flight Express' few (very few) airplanes that remain....may....stress.....MAY....be flown in support of the ground couriers.

I've been preaching this for a year now. Sorry to be right folks....check flying was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back