Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CFIIer

Anyone have any info on this company, besides what the website already offers? Also, does anyone have any info on any 135 companies on the western side of the U.S. besides Ameriflight (I've already applied there).

Thanks

What do you want to know? I worked at FLX until Jan and it's a pretty standard check hauler. Barons and 210s; you'll start on the 210. Don't know about the upgrade time. It takes a while unless all the Baron guys are getting hired at regionals which might be the case now. Maybe somebody who is still there can answer.

Anybody that's been here long enough to get a Baron is way too neurotic and dysfunctional even for a regional.

So about how long does it take to get into the twin? How's the pay? Do you get Jumpseat priveliges like some other 135 freight ops get, or do you have to live in one of those three domiciles?

Thanks

Back in 2001 it only took about 6 months to get into the Barron. Seems like FE has had some career Barron pilots sign on and the wait is well over a year (last I heard).

The pay depends on your duty day. 18k-36k /year

No jumpseat privileges.

Good company if you want to just build time. I wouldn't make FE a career, they don't treat their employees very well.

I thought being neurotic and dysfunctional was a requirement for flying at a regional.

I believe they treat their employees very well. At least they have treated me well. Baron upgrade is 2 years.

jon210 said:
I believe they treat their employees very well.

I worked 18 months without ever being late once. Never called in sick and never in trouble or reprimanded for anything. Whenever I asked to cash in on some of my earned vacation time for time off I was told no. I had one of my runs cut from $130 a day down to $75 with out any warning at all. Dispatch said they knew it was going to happen for a while. I talking about stuff like that.

I hope things have changed since I worked there.

The place I work now will bend over backwards to give me time off whenever I want no questions asked.

Dustin is right on. I worked at FLX for two years and it was like pulling teeth to get a single day off. They don't care too much about your happiness.

But having said that, FLX is a good place to go to build time. The flying is not easy but it will make you a GREAT pilot and the experience is well respected. The airplanes are very basic but well maintained IMO.

When I started at FLX I had 1207 total, 105 multi and 150 actual IFR. After two years I had 3500 TT, 1400 multi, 500 IFR and American Eagle snapped me up.

When I started at Eagle last month, the orientation instructor on day one asked if there were any freight dogs in the class and a few of us raised our hands. He told the class, "these guys are the best pilots in this room." No kidding!

Go to FLX, build time and get out. That's what it's there for.

IHF

Hey So I take it The interview went well!! How is class going. Which plane/base did you get? I just finished my IOE in San Juan, ATR is soo much fun to fly.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back