Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lou3

Minimums...Minimums!
I have an interview coming up with Flight Express and I understand that there is a sim check done, is it on a PCATD or a AST-300, I have heard both. Also, what is the profile done. I have checked aviationinterviews.com but there are conflicting stories, so does it vary?

Thanks for the help!

Lou, in a previous life I worked at flight express. The pay was bad but I had a flying job. The sim that I used was a POS. The ADI would role as I was trying to fly an ILS. The sim was set up for Orlando Executive so brief yourself on all the approaches at this airport especially that VOR step down with a hard altitude. This was tricky so you had to be careful if you hadn’t seen this approach before it could throw you off.

I bombed the sim ride but got the job and gained tons of time in a 210. Ernst wrote me a great LOR last month after all these years. The good thing is he didn’t remember me so I didn’t screw up too bad. Good luck the will hire you even if you bomb the sim ride, they hired me.

Last edited:
avoidingmyboss,

I almost fell off the chair laughing when I saw your Avitar--too funny!

Anyway, thanks for the information and advice. I am going to try and do my best when I get down there. Good luck.

hey lou. same sim as two weeks ago. bigger screen though. just fog the mirrior and you got the job. good luck.

Hey John!

Got those bags packed yet? Im rooting for you man, I know you will do well. After seeing some of the more recent posts about the interviews at 'you know where', I am not feeling 'quite' as bad as before. It seems that their hire rate is around 40% of the ones they interview. Just a tough process I guess.

Anyway, this will be a good experience for me and I hope to make the most of it.

Lou3

210's??

Just curious if any of you guys know: About how long has Flight Express been operating Cessna 210's, and approx how many they got?

When I was there they had about 72 or so 210's and 15 Barrons. That was about 5 years ago.

Lou thats what I looked like after a year or so at Flight Depressed

Latest resources

Back