Flight Cases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

slackass

I'm moving over to the CRJ from the Dash and I'm pretty sure my flight case with the built in wheels will not fit into the CRJ. Anyone know the dimensions? Can't find anything in the systems book. Also any suggestions on manufacturers? I've watched many a case where the handle rips off or the bottom drops out on the crew bus.

I have the Ballistic Flight Kit by Luggage Works. It just barely fits in the box at (H)14 1/2 x (W)19 x (D)8.5, with nothing in the side pockets. I'd guess that anything larger than this won't fit.

I like this bag because it holds a sh*t load of stuff, but it's not the nicest looking bag and there is a limited amount of space for stickers (which I would just assume go without, but it's nearly impossible to find it in the bag room).

Scott Leather All the Way

Go with Scotty... Do a search on there page and it gives the dimensions of there bag / it's pretty close to the CRJ bin. You CAN get a side pouch (probably on both sides), too if you want but you'll only be able to access one do to the close proximity of the wall.

Scott = looks great & lasts for a long, long, long time. Made in the good ol' US of A.

Last edited:
I have a standard size Scott bag with a external pocket on one end. It fits in the CRJ just fine.

I got the plastic luggage works bag, $89 and built like a tank, fits well in the RJ even with stuff in the side pockets, and it will last for a long time......

Quit being a puss and carry your flight bag. Do you pay $1 to rent one of those wheeled carts on the way out of the airport also?

Just get a The North Face backpack.

They're quite functional.

hoo hoooo! Did I just say "backpack"?

Here we go again!

Before any of you geniuses get to it before me...yes, flamebait!

Any one interested in custom made aluminum flight cases? I made one for myself. I love it. I can make it any size and paint any color. If anyone is interested pm me and I can email you pics. Mine is made out of .041 2024-T3 with Teflon pads on the bottom and twin doors on the top. Bullet Proof.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back