• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight cancellations surge at American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, enough feeding of the trolls. They are here for their entertainment and can't possibly simultaneously believe what they write while still being professional pilots.

that's the truth.... this guy I've debated with in the past, you make a cogent argument and he comes back with a rebute, you'll never win... He made his point, we all made ours and pardon my simplistic approach, but there are dozens of us, and one of him.... we win.

If you fukked up and the company decided to terminate you, would you expect to be backed by the union, or if the union felt (for whatever reason) that you're expendable you'd be ok with that too?

Just asking...

I would expect to sink or swim on my own.

This bears repeating. It's apparent some pilots think they operate in an economic vacuum, where in reality, it's one giant job market, with skills easily transferable between the airline, corporate, and fractional worlds.

Collective bargaining will always trounce individual bargaining. In order to collectively bargain you have to stick together, with a unified voice. It may seem as though you surrender autonomy, (you do, other than by your voting) but there is no other way to bargain as one. If you don't agree with the actions of the whole, don't cross -- might I suggest simply finding another job with your highly-effective bargaining skills.

Now, enough feeding of the trolls. They are here for their entertainment and can't possibly simultaneously believe what they write while still being professional pilots.

Why should I leave my job because others left theirs? That makes no sense.

Why should I leave my job because others left theirs? That makes no sense.

I've tried explaining it here over and over again. You refuse to even attempt to grasp the concept of collective bargaining. Something that over the past 200 years has helped eliminate child labor, sweatshops, unpaid overtime, a 7-day workweek, factory amputations and deaths, and contributed to the creation of a middle class. Now that middle class is shrinking (as is unionization, hmmm) and "rugged individualists" like you can't see the forest for the trees.

Fortunately people like you are in the minority on the airline side. Scabs have paid a terrible price for their actions.

And now, I bid farewell to you, as you are becoming an annoying waste of my time.

PS: Don't forget to clean the lav and have the CEO's shoes ready.

Is this flight info or airline pilot forums? I don't believe everyone is required to be a pilot.

Last edited:
that's the truth.... this guy I've debated with in the past, you make a cogent argument and he comes back with a rebute, you'll never win... He made his point, we all made ours and pardon my simplistic approach, but there are dozens of us, and one of him.... we win.

This is the internets.... its is mainly for entertainment.... relax everyone. Life is short.. say what you like and disagree as often as you will, but sleep well and love your family! An ego must be pretty fragile to be affected by a bunch of 01010101010101010101010101's!!!!! :beer:

This is the internets.... its is mainly for entertainment.... relax everyone. Life is short.. say what you like and disagree as often as you will, but sleep well and love your family! An ego must be pretty fragile to be affected by a bunch of 01010101010101010101010101's!!!!! :beer:

Exactly.

Latest resources

Back