• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight cancellations surge at American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the good wishes.... seriously.

Re: seniority system. Well, WITHOUT the seniority system, we would have CAs upgrading based on, what... shmoozing? connections? clout? How about hiring... how about we hire some fancy shmancy Air Force One pilot and stick him halfway up the list based on his quals? See where I'm going with this. The seniority system ensures fairness based on one thing only - longevity. And that is WELL worth the downside - not being able to make lateral moves.

I am just suggesting that the seniority system, while well intentioned, has unanticipated results. The president of our company can leave and get a comparable position elsewhere. You and I, as members of a union, cannot, unless we luck out and hire on to a non union company which does not have a seniority system.

I am just suggesting that the seniority system, while well intentioned, has unanticipated results. The president of our company can leave and get a comparable position elsewhere. You and I, as members of a union, cannot, unless we luck out and hire on to a non union company which does not have a seniority system.

But you, slave to the seniority system that you are, are always free to take your G550 type rating and experience and go work for any Gulfstream operator as a Captain at an appropriate level of compensation.

The airline industry is fundamentally different enough from business aviation that it doesn't typically work that way.

Spoken like a true, legitimate XXXXX....
We all obviously know what YOUR true colors are...

I certainly hope so...a pilot who hopes for a good career for all and expects my employer to hire and fire whomever they want. I want to work for whomever I want. I don't want or need some group to negotiate for me or protect me or speak for me or coerce others into acting in what they perceive is my interest. Y'all think I am a member of a small minority? Most pilots like me don't have the stomach to joust on sites like this one. I happen to enjoy the exchange of ideas and opinions.

But you, slave to the seniority system that you are, are always free to take your G550 type rating and experience and go work for any Gulfstream operator as a Captain at an appropriate level of compensation.

The airline industry is fundamentally different enough from business aviation that it doesn't typically work that way.

You are absolutely correct. I wish y'all on the airline side had the portability that I have. I never flew airline, by the way. I have lots of airline friends, mostly USAIR. Good luck to all the folks at AA, I have a bad feeling about what might happen.

Y'all think I am a member of a small minority? Most pilots like me don't have the stomach to joust on sites like this one. I happen to enjoy the exchange of ideas and opinions.

Most pilots like you end up on a list.. Filled with some Continental and Eastern names... Sure there may be a handful of like minded friends. . But trust me, you are no where near close to the majority. Not even close.......

Like I said, you are willing to talk your talk here because it's anonymous, but lack the backbone to go out on line and say the same things.. Ever walk into TEB and express your views.....??? Why not? (because you are afraid of the "bullying"? Thats an easy copout) The reason really is because you know:

#1) your view is in the huge minority (especially the crossing the picket line)

2) You know that your attitude reeks of an "all about me" attitude. Where you'd be willing to jump through hoops to try to win favor over another employee by being the guy who will do anything to win favor with management.

Pretty ashamed that there are pilots like you at my former company.. You are sucessfulling giving legacy guys a poor view of the pilot group at Netjets. There are many former legacy guys at NJA and many former regional guys, probably more than straight corporate, and they do not think like this G4 future scab...

Most pilots like you end up on a list.. Filled with some Continental and Eastern names... Sure there may be a handful of like minded friends. . But trust me, you are no where near close to the majority. Not even close.......

Like I said, you are willing to talk your talk here because it's anonymous, but lack the backbone to go out on line and say the same things.. Ever walk into TEB and express your views.....??? Why not? (because you are afraid of the "bullying"? Thats an easy copout) The reason really is because you know:

2) You know that your attitude reeks of an "all about me" attitude. Where you'd be willing to jump through hoops to try to win favor over another employee by being the guy who will do anything to win favor with management.

Pretty ashamed that there are pilots like you at my former company.. You are sucessfulling giving legacy guys a poor view of the pilot group at Netjets. There are many former legacy guys at NJA and many former regional guys, probably more than straight corporate, and they do not think like this G4 future scab...

You have just made my point as to why pilots like me don't post on message boards, and why we DEFINITELY don't post on non anonymous boards. You have reaffirmed all my opinions, for which I thank you.

I certainly hope so...a pilot who hopes for a good career for all and expects my employer to hire and fire whomever they want. I want to work for whomever I want. I don't want or need some group to negotiate for me or protect me or speak for me or coerce others into acting in what they perceive is my interest. Y'all think I am a member of a small minority? Most pilots like me don't have the stomach to joust on sites like this one. I happen to enjoy the exchange of ideas and opinions.
You sir, are the reason why baseball bats should be allowed on the picket line....

Last edited:

Bent forget about Geek4. He’s a management pogue. He knows which side his bread is buttered on.

Dude what airplane did you get? :beer:

Excellent post! Well reasoned and intelligently phrased. You are a credit to your profession. :)
And yet you continue, your checkered employment history is an order of magnitude greater than mine. While you were groveling for jobs and then shortly thereafter shaking and rattling locked doors, I was flying the line uninterrupted. Its guys like you who are willing to cross picket lines, that makes other guys who walk on the other side of the picket line willing to destroy your life and everything you hold dear as a consequence for crossing said line. Aluminum baseball bats were invented for things like you, the blood washes off easily.....

Latest resources

Back