• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight cancellations surge at American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...just imagine the howls if somebody said "Hey I'll fly that Gulfstream of yours for $80k year."

Yeah a long-range international bizjet SHOULD pay much better but 80k is still well above the median household income, and the economy is weak, and legacy G-strings cost about $4k/hr to operate.

Better to keep the company solvent than go the way of GM's flight department, lots of parallels...

G4dude,

Just keep driving you G4, oh golly, how cool is that?

The AA debacle is caused by management, and management alone, the pilots of American are simply doing their job, and doing so incredibly well under very trying circumstances.

You are blind to the issues they are facing, maybe you have flown one too many executives and now you are thinking like them. I mean after all, you did carry their luggage!

Unless you have a vested interest, and I can't see you would, then maybe you should consider your postings more carefully.

Last edited:
If you strike, I won't ostracize you. If I go to work, you will ostracize me for the rest of my career. See the difference? You should be free to strike, and I should be free to not strike. Yet, you would not be coerced and I would be. I am a member of a union, by the way.

You are free to strike or not strike. You aren't free to force other people to have a positive opinion of your actions.

I guess you are right. You guys still make more than most people, don't you? I was looking at pilot pay sites, and AA seems to be pretty good. This economy is flat, debt ridden and slowing. Maybe living to fight another day when the economy is stronger might be a good idea. I don't want AA pilots to go through what happened at Eastern, and there seem to be lots of parallels. Good luck!

Well I'm at a commuter so no I don't make more than most people, but that's irrelevant anyway.

I think you gotta come to terms with the fact that AA pilots know the possibilities of their actions and have decided that the risk is worth it. Especially when you have a merger partner that EVERYONE is hoping takes over their company except management who stands to make millions if they exit bankruptcy standalone. This merger will create a stronger company better able to withstand the slowing, debt ridden, flat economy, yet management is leaning on pilots to take unnecessary concessions.

Well I'm at a commuter so no I don't make more than most people, but that's irrelevant anyway.

I think you gotta come to terms with the fact that AA pilots know the possibilities of their actions and have decided that the risk is worth it. Especially when you have a merger partner that EVERYONE is hoping takes over their company except management who stands to make millions if they exit bankruptcy standalone. This merger will create a stronger company better able to withstand the slowing, debt ridden, flat economy, yet management is leaning on pilots to take unnecessary concessions.

Case and point, you shouldn't be posting on this board. Telling these WAY higher experienced professionals than you that they should just shut up and go to work shows how little (if any) you know wtf you're talking about.

Case and point, you shouldn't be posting on this board. Telling these WAY higher experienced professionals than you that they should just shut up and go to work shows how little (if any) you know wtf you're talking about.

Either the sarcasm didn't come through or you didn't read my posts...

Then go fly for another company. Good luck with that in this economy.
Maybe you should come to my house and follow my dog and eat what comes out of the end with a tail, I will loan you a plastic spoon so you don't have get any on your fingers.
If AA fails, he would be welcome at your company, being a U-2 pilot with extensive training and skills, he could take your job, all they would have to do is chain the doors shut until you quit rattling them, probably about 4-9 minutes worth. It worked at your previous 11 attempts at aviation.

Latest resources

Back