Flight Attendant starts fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What the !^*%

What the !^*% is wrong with MGMT and the unions. This guy is definately unstable and hates the airlines. I have no idea why he wouldn't be fired after a bomb threat.

I'll bet it will be more than just him getting fired now.

:confused:

Yea pretty messed up, we have a FA at our airline that opened a door on the Saab during taxi to get some fresh air. The worst thing is she did it twice and she still works here. Apparently she has some lawsuit against the airline for discrimination because she is asian. Guess what no one wants to fire you because you are asian its because you are f-ing stupid enough to open a door during taxi.

Thats pretty funny, I have heard that story from another ex-Mesaba Captain that flew with her....... Hard to believe that someone could be thaaaaaat stupid.

--03M

We had one at Eagle some years ago that thought she had turned the bar the wrong way on the ATR door. So, she turned it the other way. The door blew open and was ripped off. A pax 'just barely' was able to grab her and keep her from getting sucked out ala 'airport 77'. This was at several thousand feet. She was fired.

I've opened the door before during taxi

I used to open the door all the time, while taxing. When I had my private and I flew 152's, and other light singles and twins it was a commom practice. You've done it before too, your just getting on her because she is asian. When I used to fly a commuter type aircraft our ops specs allowed us to open the door and check for Icing (pretakeoff contamination check), if our holdover time had expired. We were able to do this while the engine was running and with the prop in the feathered position, I think I did it once, so that makes me about as dumb as her.

We're not getting on her cause she's asian. C'mon man.

Scram,
you are as dumb as her if you think there's a similarity between a 152 and a Saab. Opening the door on one is an accepted way to cool off, on the other it's a big no-no. You decide.

Re: I've opened the door before during taxi

ScRaMJeT said:
I did it once, so that makes me about as dumb as her.

Uh, no, what makes you as dumb as her is that you don;t see the difference between opening a window in a C152 and opening a door during taxi during Part 121 operations.

Regarding the pre-takeoff contamination check-

Hey, at my old company, we had to actually get out and do a visual inspection of the wing . . . . but I never did it during taxi.

You know- I think you should find that FA and marry her, and have some kids with her. We'll look for you and your new family on "Springer".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back