Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Folding_Expert

The FNG
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]A US airline has defended its decision to divert a flight that was already late to pick up more passengers - including President Bush's twin daughters.

Washington's WRC-TV says the US Airways shuttle between Boston and Washington DC was already 20 minutes late when, just before take-off, passengers were told it would be making an unscheduled stop in Albany.

Jenna and Barbara Bush were among 22 passengers stranded there by another plane's mechanical failure.

As a result the flight was nearly two hours late when it eventually arrived in Washington, and some passengers complained that they had never had such treatment.

Although industry experts say such diversions are rare, the airline insists the incident had nothing to do with the President's daughters being stranded.

It says it often makes diversions in such circumstances, but was unable to say exactly how often when pressed.
http://www.onlypunjab.com/real/fullstory-newsID-2210.html

[/font]

Alaska Airlies does this all the time. When the PUB flight is canceled because of MX, the BRW plane will go ANC-FAI-PUB-BRW. No big deal, makes everyone a minimum of an hour late, but gets everyone moved. It's happened a couple of times in the last week or two.

Last edited:
I've done 3 or 4 flag stops. Always pi$$es off the passengers, but I just fly where they tell me to....

atrdriver

I'd rather divert to pick up the Bush twins than the Kerry daughters anyday! :D

OtterFO said:
Alaska Airlies does this all the time. When the PUB flight is canceled because of MX, the BRW plane will go ANC-FAI-PUB-BRW. No big deal, makes everyone a minimum of an hour late, but gets everyone moved. It's happened a couple of times in the last week or two.
PUB???? When did Alaska start going to Pueblo? I would think that Fairbanks-Pueblo- Barrow would be a rather awkward and unpopular route, to say the least

A Squared said:
PUB???? When did Alaska start going to Pueblo? I would think that Fairbanks-Pueblo- Barrow would be a rather awkward and unpopular route, to say the least

You caught me there A Squared. AS used to use PUB on their bag tags for Prudhoe Bay. Checking their website, thay have started calling it SCC for Deadhorse, like the rest of the world. However, you are correct it would be a lousy ride in a -200 all the way to Pueblo. But there is always the Flower Aviation girls. :D

Freeze up has begun up here in the slope. Time to move south.....

Few things seem better then being stranded in the seat between the 2 girls.

In good animal house tradition.

Me – "Can I buy you girls something to eat?"

Bush Twins – "We have catered food, Thank You".

Me – "Well, can I just massage your thighs while you eat"?

OtterFO said:
You caught me there A Squared. AS used to use PUB on their bag tags for Prudhoe Bay. Checking their website, thay have started calling it SCC for Deadhorse, like the rest of the world. However, you are correct it would be a lousy ride in a -200 all the way to Pueblo. But there is always the Flower Aviation girls. :D
Prudhoe Bay was the name of the gravel strip by the Arco camp. DIfferent airport than Deadhorse (although only a few miles apart) I think Alaska quit landing there in the mid ninties. I don't think it's in use at all, everything goes out of Deadhorse now.

OtterFO said:
Freeze up has begun up here in the slope. Time to move south.....
Yeah, we had about 4 inches of wet heavy snow here today, things are a complete mess. I had to sweep the snow off the wings of my plane to keep it from sinking. Might be about time to put it back on wheels.

Pasc

You are correct, the gravel strip is now closed, but still lit. They turned the section directly across from the MCC into a helo pad, mostly because the medics are based in the MCC now and it makes transports easier.

Back to the origional subject, Re-routes are not uncommon.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back