• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight 93

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Michael Moore, although very biased and inaccurate in some accounts, still has some very valid points as to how bad Bush really is as a president. Come on....on 9/11 the Bin Laden family is flown out of the United States on a private jet when only military a/c are allowed to fly. That is fact, not opinion or bias. VERY shady!

So you want the actual correct facts as determined by the 911 commission, or the Michael Moore "facts" which are simply lies?

Editors' note: NEWSWEEK regrets that we did not include Michael Moore's reference to "little interviews" in our report. But we stand by our account that Unger's claims about the Saudi flights, as portrayed in "Fahrenheit 9/11," are contradicted by the findings of the 9-11 Commission. The commission's interim report states that of the Saudis interviewed by the FBI, "many were asked detailed questions." The commission wrote that the FBI took other steps to screen the departing Saudis—including running their names through federal databases—and that "nobody of interest to the FBI with regard to the 9-11 investigation was allowed to leave the country." On the questioning of timing, the commission states that the flights taking Saudis out of the country began on Sept. 14. The Tampa flight in question was a domestic flight to Lexington, Ky., that took off late on Sept. 13 after restrictions on flying had already been lifted and Tampa International Airport had reopened for business.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5304901/site/newsweek?#LETTERS

Moore is guilty of a classic game of saying one thing and implying another when he describes how members of the Saudi elite were flown out of the United States shortly after 9/11.
If you listen only to what Moore says during this segment of the movie—and take careful notes in the dark—you’ll find he’s got his facts right. He and others in the film state that 142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the country after Sept. 13.
The date—Sept. 13—is crucial because that is when a national ban on air traffic, for security purposes, was eased
But nonetheless, many viewers will leave the movie theater with the impression that the Saudis, thanks to special treatment from the White House, were permitted to fly away when all other planes were still grounded. This false impression is created by Moore’s failure, when mentioning Sept. 13, to emphasize that the ban on flights had been eased by then. The false impression is further pushed when Moore shows the singer Ricky Martin walking around an airport and says, “Not even Ricky Martin would fly. But really, who wanted to fly? No one. Except the bin Ladens.” But the movie fails to mention that the FBI interviewed about 30 of the Saudis before they left. And the independent 9/11 commission has reported that “each of the flights we have studied was investigated by the FBI and dealt with in a professional manner prior to its departure
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1164856/posts

I realized Micheal Moore nauseates me watching Bowling for Columbine. I appreaciate what he's trying to do but he sucks at it. That dorky fat whinney brat is a punk and I refused to see Farenheit 911 because I knew how he biasedly edits things to give clout to his sorry self. And I'm not even a Bush supporter.

Flightjock30 said:
...how bad Bush really is as a president...

Yes, yes, we've all heard all of this before. We get the idea, Bush is an evil man with no redeeming qualities and should be expunged from history. We're clear on that. I'm sick of listening to how bad Bush is. How about instead of running yet another smear campaign wherein two contestants for the throne sling insults and accusations at one another we come up with a candidate for president that stands out based on his virtues and ideas instead of how bad the other guy is? We understand that we shouldn't vote for Bush, and a lot of people are going to vote for whatever warm body runs against Bush just because (Hell, I bet they could get Osama elected based solely on the fact that he is not Bush), but can they please dig up someone worth my vote this time around? I'm tired of hearing about how bad Bush is. Let's hear about how good someone is for a change.

dseagrav said:
Yes, yes, we've all heard all of this before. We get the idea, Bush is an evil man with no redeeming qualities and should be expunged from history. We're clear on that. I'm sick of listening to how bad Bush is. How about instead of running yet another smear campaign wherein two contestants for the throne sling insults and accusations at one another we come up with a candidate for president that stands out based on his virtues and ideas instead of how bad the other guy is? We understand that we shouldn't vote for Bush, and a lot of people are going to vote for whatever warm body runs against Bush just because (Hell, I bet they could get Osama elected based solely on the fact that he is not Bush), but can they please dig up someone worth my vote this time around? I'm tired of hearing about how bad Bush is. Let's hear about how good someone is for a change.

I agree. If the Democrats can give someone worth voting for, other than Al Gore, John Kerry, and God forbid Hillary Clinton, than maybe they would have a chance. And I don't want another campaign of "Bush did this and didn't do that, and look at what the Republicans have done, so don't vote for them, etc." Tell me WHY I SHOULD VOTE FOR YOU, not why I shouldn't vote for someone else.

And if Democrats want a chance at all in 2008, they better NOT nominate Hillary. I know Democrats who would vote for Bush before voting for her!

Corbon said:
But the movie fails to mention that the FBI interviewed about 30 of the Saudis before they left. And the independent 9/11 commission has reported that “each of the flights we have studied was investigated by the FBI and dealt with in a professional manner prior to its departure
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1164856/posts

We took two loads of them as far as CDG where Saudi Arabian took over. If I remember correctly 90% of them were college aged students.

The previews they have been advertising are horrible. I know I won't be watching it.

mcjohn said:
Are you talking Saudis in general or Bin Ladens?

Both. The Saudi embassy arranged the trips through the State Dept (as far as I know). Once the psgrs were cleared by the FBI they could leave. About half of the psgrs were named bin Laden.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back