• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight 93

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My gut reaction is it's too soon after 9/11 to have a movie out about it already.

Whoever is directing this should tread very carefully. I hope it's well done. It better not be a piece of dung like the awful "Pearl Harbor" was a few years back.

mcjohn said:
I thought the trailer was super weak. Can anyone give me their thoughts on what 'good' may come out of this film. I wonder if it falls under drama or horror.

My money is on it turning out to be a Michael Moore-esque "documentary" about how Bush staged 9/11 so he could get control of Iraqi oil resources, personally launched the missile that downed TWA800, eats newborn babies and spits the still-warm bones at the crying mothers, etc etc etc.

Too soon??? It's been more than four years. There have already been movies out about this, so really, this one is way behind the others.

Shameless profiteering off a tragedy. Total fiction, wouldn't waste two seconds watching it, and shame on anybody that does.

I'm tempted to agree with LJDRVR that is it nothing but "shameless profiteering." But I don't want to dismiss it entirely without giving it a chance, considering I don't know anything more than I saw on the trailer.

While I fear Flight 93 will be tasteless Hollywood shlock, at the same time, there's room for some sort of artistic comment. I thought Springsteen's "The Rising" album was respectful of the tragedy, and captured the heartache of the 9-11 families left behind in a way that listeners could relate to.

But it takes a skillful touch to pull something like that off. I doubt that Flight 93s directors have it.

dseagrav said:
My money is on it turning out to be a Michael Moore-esque "documentary" about how Bush staged 9/11 so he could get control of Iraqi oil resources, personally launched the missile that downed TWA800, eats newborn babies and spits the still-warm bones at the crying mothers, etc etc etc.

This sums it up. I couldnt agree more with you on this.

dseagrav said:

Michael Moore, although very biased and inaccurate in some accounts, still has some very valid points as to how bad Bush really is as a president. Come on....on 9/11 the Bin Laden family is flown out of the United States on a private jet when only military a/c are allowed to fly. That is fact, not opinion or bias. VERY shady!

Latest resources

Back