• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's Good, bad, and uglier>.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know, the rules are different today than they were yesterday!! How about that out of seniority layoff a couple years back? I do like that 300 they fly though.

Word is the reason they went out of seniority for a few guys is because they were some bad apples. You could not find a single flex pilot who was upset about the pilots they layed off that were out of seniority. Once they got rid of the bad apples then they did it based on seniority.

Yeah thats what they said about the Fab 5 that got ahh not offered a job at FLOPS. Didn't they cash in after awhile? Yup.. What happens when someone doesn't like you and your name becomes Mr Apple? Fact is if they were bad apples then find where they did not do thier job and disclipine them appriopately. Don't just wave a gun around in a crowd.

Did your tag just say vote non-union? I would rather take my chances with a contract than just empty promises.

Yeah thats what they said about the Fab 5 that got ahh not offered a job at FLOPS. Didn't they cash in after awhile? Yup.. What happens when someone doesn't like you and your name becomes Mr Apple? Fact is if they were bad apples then find where they did not do thier job and disclipine them appriopately. Don't just wave a gun around in a crowd.

Did your tag just say vote non-union? I would rather take my chances with a contract than just empty promises.

What empty promises are you refering to?

Probably the one where your "pseudo dad" said, "don't worry son crossing this strike line will make a big difference in our lives."

He just forgot to mention which way the difference was going to go.

Probably the one where your "pseudo dad" said, "don't worry son crossing this strike line will make a big difference in our lives."

He just forgot to mention which way the difference was going to go.

My I ask why you (Diesel) always intend on turning a thread hostile? I just simply asked for clarification on a comment. I don't think anyone was speaking to you.....or asking you.

Lets have a history lesson here just so everyone who is speculating has an understanding as to how we live in todays world of Flexjet. Back in 2002, oh yeah, right after 911, when everyone in the aviation industry was scrambling and hurting, Bombardier Inc., you know, the parent company of Flex, ordered a 20% reduction in force. Layoff if you will. Flexjet was able to dodge that cut for a couple of months until, once again, Bombardier Inc said to cut 20%.

From there, yes, they went out of seniority and got rid of the "bad apples" as you say. Then, they went to the bottom of the list and worked their way up. About 6 months later, when Bomberdier gave Flex the green light to rehire, they began at the top of the list of guys and began calling them back if they wanted the job. No, not the bad apples. Should not have to say that, but I am sure someone will chime in with "what about them." Any way, since that unfortunate time, Flexjet has not laid off a single pilot. Now, we can always harp on 5 years ago, and bring it up like a bad divorce, or you can move on and get over it.

Do I think they would do it that way again if a reduction was called for? You bet. But think about it from a business decision. If you had a guy/gal who flew the airplane ok but was the definition of a tool, gave crap customer service to the owners and was just miserable to be around on a daily basis, would you not want to do it that way yourself?

The fact of the matter is, this is a business and you have to run it that way from a management aspect, or you get to lay off 400 pilots, including yourelf. No, I am not management. I work the line just like everyone else. I just have a lot of management in my previous life.

Hopefully that answers your questions regarding the "out of seniority" lay off.

Latest resources

Back