• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm willing to bet that you don't ever bid less than 17 days, so you might not be aware that that's easier said than done.

Actually, I've been working 16 day lines the last few months. I've been bidding for particular days (weekends and holidays) off, with reasonable success. A fine gentleman and scholar I flew with recently flew 14-day lines all summer. He's in the smack in the middle of his applicable seniority list.

what percentages of the schedule have 15 day lines? What percentages of the schedule has 18day lines. Schedules like that?

Well, that's hard to answer, as we don't have set pre-published lines. But management has left voicemails in the past detailing # of days awarded expressed as a percentage. I don't have solid figures in front of me, but I seem to remember that most awards were 17 days and lower.

I'm sick and tired of hearing flexer keep calling the union full of gangsters and thugs.
Yeah, I bet you are. Don't believe it? Do your own research. Plenty of info on the web.

Last edited:
C'mon, gunfyter, you're a self-professed smartie. Are these really the arguments you're going to use? You know those aren't logical conclusions!

Fallacy of analogy; your premises are true, but your conclusions are false. John Wayne Gacy was a clown. John Wayne Gacy was a murderer. Should we electrocute all clowns? Ok, maybe that was a bad example.

Diesel said:
At NJA 50 percent of captains and FO's can hold the 7/7 which works out to 14 days a month.

If you want to get technical, the 7/7 schedule works out to an average of slightly over 15 days per month.

Is your 17 day schedule based on a 28 day period? Or is it 17 days per calendar month?

The 17 day is based on a calender month. A true 7and7 is 15.2 days per month...however we bid it on a quarterly basis and depending on the line you can average around 13 to 16 days per month. Obviously the senior guys can hold the lines that work the fewest days per quarter.

I can't believe I read the whole thing??

I read it all, and all of it I read. I can say this, and this is what I can say.

357, You can spin it however you want, you can deny, deny, deny.
Defend, defend, defend. I admire your loyalty, and still have alot of friends flying at Flex.

But what you really can't do, is honestly form an unbiased opinion regarding Flexjet and Netjets.

Why, because you ain't been there. There are alot of us that have.

Name me one person that has left Netjets to come to Flexjet, and I'll name you 5 that have left Flexjet to come to Netjets

That being said, you come across as being a smart articulate person, but I just sit here thinking, "What a dumbass".

I am not as articulate as you, but on my simple level of thought I have to say, "Gee Wally", "There must be some reason in the world that every major airline has a union"?

If the response is, "we aren't a major airline", then my response is, "we are the primary major player in the fractional industry".

I can tell you this, I am much happier here then I was there. I get treated better here then I did there. I have more to look forward to here then I did there.

"Over"

vixin

vixin said:
I am not sure where the new hires have been or will be placed. I am sure that Flexjet WILL slap the poor FO's in the face again and hire into the 604 and 300. Flexjet does not care about the FO's. The only reason they are here is because they are required. If they could MEL the occupation of the right seat they would, to make their bottom line "look better". If you think that sitting as an FO in the challengers would be better think again. Beside being under paid for that equipment, there is a good deal of animosity for the JR FO's in those seats. However, you can get the Challenger type and leave for a better job like most have.

Does Flexjet types all their pilots? Didn't know if fracs were still doing that. I was at RTA, until I got the last job/career position I'd need.:p Typed in the 757 - now I can fly for Air Atlanta Icelandic and never see home.

Latest resources

Back