Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HEAVYSET

Thanks for the reply. This is something that I am approaching very carefully, as you can see from the posts. I have a great job here at the regional airline that I am with... I am just trying to be very careful with this... Are you flying for NJA?

I think this is my 500th post! Yippee!!!!!!

No, Ductleak, I wish I were though. I have had my stuff in with NJA for quite some time. I would do anything to fly my dream bird - the Citation X. Incidentally, I have met a couple of former commuter guys who now have my dream job - flying the X for NJA. One guy flew for Comair and the other flew for Eagle - both love flying the X and the variety of destinations their job entails - one has flown to Hawaii 4 times already in his first year. Not bad.

Flying for Flexjet would be great if there was more movement - hopefully that will happen with the Challenger 300. NJA seems to be more financially secure with Warren Buffet's support - now if they can just negotiate a good contract... If I were you, I would definitely try to network with existing NJA pilots and be ready once hiring restarts. In my opinion, with a better contract, NJA could be a CAREER destination.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I was one of the guys who were "let-go" back in 01' and I'm now at NJA.

I was "recalled" in Feb 02' but turned it down (which was good since I would have been laid-off again!) because I was already with NJA.

Just went out here in Dallas with my buddy who is a LR60 FO (been there 3-years and no end in sigh....even with the 300 coming).

He told me the company just raised the 17 day-a-month schedule to an 18 day-a-month schedule...came to them in the form of a weekly voice message from the CP. Who says you don't need a UNION?!

In the last several months there have been 1/2-dozen people who left to pursue other careers because they can't take it anymore. Company has taken the position: "If you don't like it....someone else will take your position"......that's why they are hiring again. Most of the people leaving are VERY JUNIOR.....

Actually we went to the 18 day bid for 2 bid periods. Yes it was done by wonderful voice mail, but it was from our wonderful DO. What you did leave out is that if you get over 17 you will then be paid at the OT rate. Also, the last 5 guys to leave were captains so its both SR and JR. I am far from the company person. I do however try to give all the facts.

If someone is looking at Flexjet for a career, look elsewhere. If you need something to pay the bills or build time look into it, but way all your options. There will be no movement at this company (Maybe it will change but not in the near future). We have some poor FO's that are going on their 4th year and they still make less then our FA's. Management does not see the forest for the trees. Yet the crews still shine and are always number 1 with the owners.

Last edited:
Vixin,

I appreciate the honesty of your response. I have friends who fly Lear 60s at Flexjet - they love the flying but not the company - it's that simple...

18 day bids?

That's just over 10 days a month! That's pretty crappy. I got better than that flying for a regional. I didn't realize that they were that bad there. Makes me like my week off twice a month even more.

The flying is great!!

The crews are great with 1 or 2 exceptions!

The company could be if management didnt have that treat the pilots like cr@p attitude. They dont ask the pilots they tell!! Then they make it sound like they have done such a great job. HAHA!! They brag how they havent downgraded anyone and they feel as though they accomplished something. Well they have. They have pi55ed off just about every pilot here even most of the koolaid drinker's. Those of us that are SR are'nt affected. The 20 captains that keep their pay are the ones to be thankful. None of the FO's have any loyalty to Flexjet and I cannot blame them. This is the ONLY frac to furlough(2 times).

Last edited:
Does Flexjet still hire FOs directly into the 604s? How often does that happen now? When will the Challenger 300 flying begin and will FOs be hired directly into that or come from other fleets?

If you have to sit on an aircraft for awhile, I'd rather it be a 604 or 300...

I am not sure where the new hires have been or will be placed. I am sure that Flexjet WILL slap the poor FO's in the face again and hire into the 604 and 300. Flexjet does not care about the FO's. The only reason they are here is because they are required. If they could MEL the occupation of the right seat they would, to make their bottom line "look better". If you think that sitting as an FO in the challengers would be better think again. Beside being under paid for that equipment, there is a good deal of animosity for the JR FO's in those seats. However, you can get the Challenger type and leave for a better job like most have.

Latest resources

Back