• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Time for a Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJW, you think that you know everything so well including me. Thanks for making my point. Believe what you will.

Nota, not wanting to see this thread derailed, I had intended to stop posting on it, (even if it disappointed the popcorn crowd ;) ) but you kept dragging me into it and now I find that I do owe you an apology. I apologize for implying that you were not supportive of the Flex pilots card drive. I have since read your posts from the last card drive and see that I am in error about that. Alas, I have encountered a lot of rudeness for my pro-union stance, particularly from non-pilots, and I made the mistake of thinking you had the same attitude.

However, to be clear, I do not apologize for wishing the Flex pilots well in their efforts; nor do I think it was wrong of me to try to offer them some words of encouragement. Ironically, I'd have left the thread much sooner; it was you who detained me. Hopefully, you will now ignore me and this thread will return to its original focus.

AHHHH.... Just figured out the Ignore list. No more netjetwife, no more B19. Life is good! One wife is enough.

netjetwife say what? what? sorry can't hear ya.

Good. Get back in the kitchen.

Totally un-called for, you are a **uche Bag.

NJW I appologize for the immature and close minded remarks you have recieved from some supposedly to be Flexjet employee's. I wish I could say that they were the minority here, but unfortunately they are not. I am sorry to say that all your encouragement and support is, has and always will be wasted on the most disconnected and selfcentered group of aviators it has been my 28 years in this profession to be associated with.

Having been at Flexjet for over a decade, I am convinced that just before this last furlough was as good as it will ever get here. I am not saying it's not a great job, it's the best I've ever had. It's just frustrating to know that this far out from retiring, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, only the same ol same ol.

Your efforts would be better served trying to bring peace to the middle east or to prevent Iran from obtaining the bomb.

Yippie Ki Yea.

Last edited:
John, thanks for the kind words and for sharing your perspective with me. Posts like yours show that the good at FI outweighs the bad and an online community is available here for those who want it.

From what you describe...:eek: , things sound grim at Flex. I'm sure there are some Flight Options pilots who once saw their situation as hopeless, too. Now they are a unified group actively working to improve their situation.

Something we all can learn from the NJ story is that situations can do a 180 degree turn. Watching the NJ pilots, I observed that some people will drift....not taking control of their own destiny...until they hit the bottom. Only then will they stand together and pull themselves up. It sounds as though that time may have come for the Flex pilots. Remember, that sometimes big change only happens after taking a series of smaller steps. Good Luck!

Thanks for the camaraderie!
Netjetwife

Please don't compare NJW to B19. She may be the PTO Mom, but she does it with a good heart and is trying to make things better. We all know what B19 is trying to do. Ignore both if you must, but don't equate them.

Hey dog, since you asked. allow me to help out...

John, thanks for the kind words and for sharing your perspective with me. Posts like yours show that the good at FI outweighs the bad and an online community is available here for those who want it.

From what you describe...:eek: , things sound grim at Flex. I'm sure there are some Flight Options pilots who once saw their situation as hopeless, too. Now they are a unified group actively working to improve their situation.

Something we all can learn from the NJ story is that situations can do a 180 degree turn. Watching the NJ pilots, I observed that some people will drift....not taking control of their own destiny...until they hit the bottom. Only then will they stand together and pull themselves up. It sounds as though that time may have come for the Flex pilots. Remember, that sometimes big change only happens after taking a series of smaller steps. Good Luck!

Thanks for the camaraderie!
Netjetwife

steelersrule say what?

We just got a raise, anyone else got one? .... crikets .... is all I hear. Over my career here, I've made more than any NJ pilot in my senoirity. Look, I'm not against a union at Flex; I just don't care to hear from NJW; who doesn't have a dang thing to do with Flex. She fought her fight, let it be. I've told her where she could dance in the past, to no avail, and don't have a problem doing it again.

If this bill passes......

Flexjet will have it's union. The short version is that if this passes, the NLRB will only need 51% for a union to be voted in. The company and newly voted in union have 90 days to hammer out the first contract. If no contract after 90 days, then an arbitrator comes in and will settle it within I believe 45 days. Both sides will be bound by the contract for 2 years. It is in sub committe right now.

Here is the link: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1409

Latest resources

Back