• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Time for a Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So are you Flex people going to roll over now since you are going to get a pay raise?

I've read about this but i'm confused. how can flex furlough guys to save money one month, then offer a raise to those that are left the next? is that what is happening?

I guess some people just need to be coddled more than others.

"NJW has cared more about me than management or even my fellow pilots." Whaa, time for a binkie.

There is nothing wrong with NJW supporting people. I will never understand why some seek this type of love on FI, but so be it. She is like a PTA mom who is involved in all her kids activities. While this is a wonderful attribute when a kid is 5, it is a bit creepy when she takes on that roll with adults (seniors and x-retirees). The real issue is when she opens her trap about subjects she knows nothing about. Where the line gets crossed is when she talks about solidarity, respect, benefits, pay, and general needs of a group in which she does not belong. This is no different than some of the rants of B19. Suppport is fine, telling people what they need without being a part of the particular situation or having the facts is wrong.

I guess some people just need to be coddled more than others.

"NJW has cared more about me than management or even my fellow pilots." Whaa, time for a binkie.

This is amazingly rude and way over the line, especially given the number of pilots on the street these days.

I guess some people are just better at answering questions than others. Not-a-pilot, what exactly is the position you hold at Flex?

I've read about this but i'm confused. how can flex furlough guys to save money one month, then offer a raise to those that are left the next? is that what is happening?

Doesn't make much sense does it. It will help offset the work reduction. But what we really need protection from is management's wims. I don't like it that they can just say we are going to cut your work (and hence your pay) this summer because we are slow. We are slow every summer. Whats to keep them from doing it again next year? Whats to keep them from furloughing out of senority or saying now now we pay overtime over 13 hrs or not at all, or no more crew meals.

I've lost my faith in them doing the right thing.

http://ibt1108.org/

NJW, why do you think that I have to explain my position to you? What's your association with FJ? You might be surprised at my position and actions to help support my fellow crewmembers. I will assure you that it goes way beyond ego stroking, blue mountain cards. and lame message board posts about rising tides, ships, and pirates or whatever it is you say. Sorry if I offended you, but expect a reaction when you poke your nose in other peoples business that you have no stake in. Of course this is FI and you may poke all you want, but there just might be someone who pokes back.

Notapilot, I think it helps to foster understanding when you know a poster's connection.

I merely wanted to express friendly support to Flex pilots. I'd have quit posting on their thread already if you weren't hell-bent on attacking me. I find it suspicious that you do so while refusing to state your position. I've seen others claim to support pilots who wish to organize, all the while trying to distract them from their goal. That appears to be your intention, too, but I refuse to help you do that. If you really want to help the Flex pilots, you'll stop mentioning me in your posts and let them discuss their situation.

Flex pilots, I'll watch from the sidelines. Good luck with your card drive! Respectfully, NJW

Latest resources

Back