• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet side deal mediation attempt?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately for you El most of the Flex Pilots now understand after 3 years under DAC why they need a Union going forward. They have been educated by fire. You and PD FW TP MR are all in a minority, so all I have to say is good luck with that.

El Raton is not a bad guy. He is a former union supporter who feels he was burned by SLI. He is one of the only 25 people who have a legitimate argument. For him and 24 others the only thing that will help is a good contract that raises his station better than he could have expected at a seperated non union Flex.

I am hopeful come August he will be back.

El, I do think we've had enough experience with Kenn Ricci by now we can admit our prospects in a seperated non-unionized Flex would not be much better than frog in a tank full of hungry alligators.

Boo Hoo.. But he's ok with Junior pilots jumping seniority flying bigger planes making more money or RL guys making triple non RL for flying same planes and same trips??? He's a IGM, if everything doesn't benefit him 100% he takes his ball and goes home..Let him stay where he's at. A union supporter is a pilot supporter not when it benefits you personally but all the time. He belongs in the group of IGMs in fact he should be promoted into management

I'm gonna stick around. At least long enough to help the Flex side with decertification.

Dude thats a D|CK move on your part to do that to us and our families. If you are that unhappy then leave and go find somewhere else to work. But do not stick around to backstab me and my family.

Im sorry you feel like you got screwed with the SLI but a news flash for you buddy, every Travel Air pilot got FU?K?D in the AZZ with the first Options merge then took it again with the Flex SLI and are going to get dry donkey punched when Ricci buys TMC and XO. Even with all that what our Union has negotiated is far better than any free for all crap fest Ricci would have assigned us.

I wish you well

Dude thats a D|CK move on your part to do that to us and our families. If you are that unhappy then leave and go find somewhere else to work. But do not stick around to backstab me and my family.

Im sorry you feel like you got screwed with the SLI but a news flash for you buddy, every Travel Air pilot got FU?K?D in the AZZ with the first Options merge then took it again with the Flex SLI and are going to get dry donkey punched when Ricci buys TMC and XO. Even with all that what our Union has negotiated is far better than any free for all crap fest Ricci would have assigned us.

I wish you well

I'm not going anywhere. I need this job. That is until something better comes along.

It's a d/ck move what the union did and is doing to the pilots at Flex. Our junior captains will end up being bumped out of their seats. After that, Holmes, It will take years for us just to regain back what we lost, thanks to the union.

Please, tell me, why would we support such a losing proposition? It will take years to recoup the financial loss. What's the benefit? We're still going to have 12-14hr duty days. We're still going to work 190+ days a year. We're still going to have the same crappy health care, etc.

The union is a losing proposition, and I will work hard to help decertify. It sounds like the union leadership isn't that worried about decertification so maybe you shouldn't be worried either. However, we're gonna give it a helluva shot.

Btw, I'm not an IGM, I'm trying to just save what I have. Can you fault me? We have different views. We can still all be friends.

Last edited:
It's not the union's fault, it'sKR fault. RTA/Options had over 1000 pilots at one point. We are so lucky that only 25 guys got the raw deal this time. KR is all about division and his race to the bottom AGAIN. There are a lot of worse sob stories out there. Sitting the fence is one thing,working against other pilots is another. We need everyone's help,or we will ALL pay the price again.

Latest resources

Back