Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet replacing Lear 85 order - any guesses on replacement type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the Flex instructors would be used potentially instead of the FLOPS instructors? Interesting! I take it the Embraer 450/500 would be a Flex product and therefore viewed as a "premium" product instead of a "value" product if acquired... This dual branding stuff can be confusing. I hope it is ultimately ordered. With no big customer orders to date, I expect the 500 could be on line within months if ordered.

It's rumored to be another Red Label aircraft. Either way, I think it's going to be branded a Flexjet aircraft so I assume that means Flexjet pilots trained by Flexjet instructors.

Who will fly the 500/450

If they trade Phenom orders for the Legacy 500/450 they will go to the options side of the house by the CBA. We will have to wait and see what happens!

I found this on AINonline. My guess: Embraer Legacy 450 or 500? Thoughts? Embraer is probably desperate for some volume sales and FLOPS/Flexjet has experience with both the Legacy 600 and the Phenom. That's my guess... See article below. Any other guesses?

Flexjet Moving Forward with Lear 85 Replacement Flexjet has found a replacement for the Bombardier Learjet 85 and has been working to transition customers who ordered shares in this now-shelved model into the new aircraft, chairman Kenn Ricci told AIN yesterday. Ricci did not specify the selection for replacement, saying the company expects to release those details later this summer after Flexjet has reached out to its entire customer base. Flexjet was the single largest customer for the all-composite twinjet, which Bombardier ?paused? earlier this year. Flexjet had orders for at least 60 Learjet 85s and had sold ?well over? 60 shares in the business jet. Initial deliveries to Flexjet were anticipated late last year, but the aircraft was still in flight-test at the time.

Flexjet, meanwhile, is preparing to take delivery of its first two Gulfstreams?both G450s?in the coming weeks and four over the next several months as it begins a rollout of international services, Ricci said. The first crews have begun G450 training. The company expects to launch an ad campaign to market the new long-range services by late June, Ricci said. In October, Flexjet signed for a mix of up to 50 Gulfstream G450s, G500s and G650s. The company also is currently operating Bombardier Global Expresses in long-range service, but Ricci said the fractional ownership provider will replace those with the G500s once deliveries of this new model begin in 2018.

I just re-read the last paragraph. With 2 G450s arriving soon, who gets to fly them? Flexjet or Flight Options pilots? Are the two pilot groups integrating or still separate? Sorry, but I've been out of the loop on this merger. Wow, that will be quite a fleet if the Legacy 500 is also added to the new Gulfstreams, etc.

Last edited:
Cabbie and V1 win the cookies.

Latest resources

Back