Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet replacing Lear 85 order - any guesses on replacement type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I found this on AINonline. My guess: Embraer Legacy 450 or 500? Thoughts? Embraer is probably desperate for some volume sales and FLOPS/Flexjet has experience with both the Legacy 600 and the Phenom. That's my guess... See article below. Any other guesses?

Flexjet Moving Forward with Lear 85 Replacement Flexjet has found a replacement for the Bombardier Learjet 85 and has been working to transition customers who ordered shares in this now-shelved model into the new aircraft, chairman Kenn Ricci told AIN yesterday. Ricci did not specify the selection for replacement, saying the company expects to release those details later this summer after Flexjet has reached out to its entire customer base. Flexjet was the single largest customer for the all-composite twinjet, which Bombardier ?paused? earlier this year. Flexjet had orders for at least 60 Learjet 85s and had sold ?well over? 60 shares in the business jet. Initial deliveries to Flexjet were anticipated late last year, but the aircraft was still in flight-test at the time.

Flexjet, meanwhile, is preparing to take delivery of its first two Gulfstreams?both G450s?in the coming weeks and four over the next several months as it begins a rollout of international services, Ricci said. The first crews have begun G450 training. The company expects to launch an ad campaign to market the new long-range services by late June, Ricci said. In October, Flexjet signed for a mix of up to 50 Gulfstream G450s, G500s and G650s. The company also is currently operating Bombardier Global Expresses in long-range service, but Ricci said the fractional ownership provider will replace those with the G500s once deliveries of this new model begin in 2018.

HawkerNXT

That'll be an Options product, part of the "value" brand. As in, "your pilots are doing the same work for 30% less."

At Lear pay, if we are very lucky. Probably be red labeled. Even lower pay, he is coming to get every buck he can. Or he'll just send it to the chosen ones.

It's either the Legacy 450 or 500. But it is the Legacy.

I hope it is for the Flex/FLOPS pilots and for the passengers. I was a HUGE fan of the CL300 when I flew it for years, but this Legacy 500 has really impressed me. I've done a lot of research on it and the technology is leaps ahead of competing products. Plus, at list prices (obviously never paid by fractionals), the 500 is actually cheaper than the Lear 85 - again at list prices. You get more capability, more room and better technology at a lower price. I saw one at MLB and it has great ramp appeal too. I found this video and I thought it was pretty well done showing the great performance of the Legacy 500 on short strips in Brazil (scroll through the first 1/3 of the video to get to the short strip performance):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4VKRasjHs

And yes, I hope Flex/FLOPS pilots are paid well to fly it too. If you are interested in aviation technology and advances like I am, you will appreciate the video. Let's hope "Uncle Ken" orders it!

I hope it is for the Flex/FLOPS pilots and for the passengers. I was a HUGE fan of the CL300 when I flew it for years, but this Legacy 500 has really impressed me. I've done a lot of research on it and the technology is leaps ahead of competing products. Plus, at list prices (obviously never paid by fractionals), the 500 is actually cheaper than the Lear 85 - again at list prices. You get more capability, more room and better technology at a lower price. I saw one at MLB and it has great ramp appeal too. I found this video and I thought it was pretty well done showing the great performance of the Legacy 500 on short strips in Brazil (scroll through the first 1/3 of the video to get to the short strip performance):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4VKRasjHs

And yes, I hope Flex/FLOPS pilots are paid well to fly it too. If you are interested in aviation technology and advances like I am, you will appreciate the video. Let's hope "Uncle Ken" orders it!

That's a great video. I like those sidesticks too. Sign me up! :)

Last edited:
They're already setting in motion how they're going to train crews. The only sim, apparently, in the world is in St. Louis but all of our instructors are in Dallas.

They're already setting in motion how they're going to train crews. The only sim, apparently, in the world is in St. Louis but all of our instructors are in Dallas.

So the Flex instructors would be used potentially instead of the FLOPS instructors? Interesting! I take it the Embraer 450/500 would be a Flex product and therefore viewed as a "premium" product instead of a "value" product if acquired... This dual branding stuff can be confusing. I hope it is ultimately ordered. With no big customer orders to date, I expect the 500 could be on line within months if ordered.

Latest resources

Back