Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet QOL getting flushed down the toilet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would one not just take the rental car from ADS and go home (assuming one leaves within reasonable driving distance from ADS) instead of a hotel room? It's as cheap as, if not cheaper than, the hotel room, and you get to go home and unload your dirty laundry/eat a home cooked meal/sleep in your own bed.

If someone is caught checking into a hotel room and then going home they should be fired. That's stealing from us all in the name of not enough hotel points to buy a stick of gum.

FG will not leave until someone in Montreal points him towards a door. He's found his perfect situation:

1. An incredibly weak pilot group, and no form of any union to bother him with the pesky little details of contractural obligations. QOL issues for the pilots - "who cares". Slash their pay - "who cares". Throw as many on the street as possible - "who cares". No food while on standby duty - "who cares". No hotel if laying over in a domicile - "who cares". That's just for starters - you can rest assured their will be more treats in the future.

2. The rest of management at the Waterview is in CYA mode, and all are afraid to say anything to him. He is the king, and they (much like the pilots) are his servants.

3. His boss's are 1,500 miles away. They talk to FG, and FG supplies them with numbers and info. I seriously doubt they are even aware of how he is a one man wrecking crew in Waterview - most likely they think he is doing a wonderful job, afterall - Fred says he is.

Nope, FG will suck the life out of what used to be a respectable, career oriented company. THAT is his personal business model. His additional compensation package comes from margins - profit percentage, decrease in costs, "efficiencies", slashing labor costs, saved money from hotels & food etc. etc. etc.

A HUGE chunk of what is being ripped away from the pilot group goes towards HIS bonus's for HIS bank account. If you think he gives a rats a$$ about you whatsoever - you are sorely mistaken.

The ONLY way to do something about this is to form some type of a bargaining position. And with someone like FG, your not forming a bargaining position to get at FG, your forming a bargaining position to get the message to Montreal. And rest assured - those walking on pins and needles throughout Waterview want the same thing to happen.

To know your future, study the past. What your experiencing now is FG's history on pilot interaction. He's had 30 years to prepare. Are you in a position to defend yourself's against him?

This is an excellent synopsis of what we're dealing with here.

I know he wasnt at VA for long but I would enjoy the comments from some of those guys while he was there. Maybe I'm gonna post and find out.

Part of the problem with the policy changes, and just some of the policies we already have, is that they are written by people who live in dallas, and they have no idea what its like for those of us that live in one of the other bases. ONT as a whole is a massive base. Those guys out there do a lot of driving. Just reporting to LAX instead of ONT on day one adds hours to their day, yet none of that is duty. But thats another argument

And on another note, with all of these changes this spring, there has not been one CAB meeting to discuss them. Shouldn't the company at least run the changes past the CAB to get some feedback and maybe avoid some of the backlash they are getting now? Isn't that what the CAB is for? I just don't get it, I'd like to see the CAB have more involvement, but I have not heard a peep out of them recently.

Frustrated

Last edited:
The CAB what a Joke

Part of the problem with the policy changes, and just some of the policies we already have, is that they are written by people who live in dallas, and they have no idea what its like for those of us that live in one of the other bases. ONT as a whole is a massive base. Those guys out there do a lot of driving. Just reporting to LAX instead of ONT on day one adds hours to their day, yet none of that is duty. But thats another argument

And on another note, with all of these changes this spring, there has not been one CAB meeting to discuss them. Shouldn't the company at least run the changes past the CAB to get some feedback and maybe avoid some of the backlash they are getting now? Isn't that what the CAB is for? I just don't get it, I'd like to see the CAB have more involvement, but I have not heard a peep out of them recently.

Frustrated

That's because the CAB is a joke! When are you guys going to realize this! The head of the CAB has no intention of helping us, he is there for his own personal gain. It is a complete waste of time... a joke at best!

You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership.

Cab

Club ORD... Yes, We would all love to think that the CAB is here to help us. Management has given them credit for many policy changes in the past. Please, do not be fooled. The CAB has not even met this year. I do not believe that they have met since FR came to Flex. If anything was ever run before the CAB for their input, it was strickty for show.

That's because the CAB is a joke! When are you guys going to realize this! The head of the CAB has no intention of helping us, he is there for his own personal gain. It is a complete waste of time... a joke at best!

Propilot... You are so right. The CAB used to be a group of guys asked, by their peers, to represent them. Now, the head of the CAB does not fall into this category. Years ago, he just started showing up to the meetings. Eventually, they just let him join the club, and let him take notes during the meetings.

One thing to remember, this guy has probably applied for every management and training position that has come available. He wants to be an ACP in the worst way. Now, others have taken his lead, and have appointed themselves to the CAB. Just look at the newest members from last year.

There is a new CAB out here. With the exception of a few who have been on the CAB for a while, their aspirations are to become management.

Just look at the management team we have in place. From our chief to the ACP's, over half are exCAB members. Two of them used to lead the CAB.

Now, tell me... Are the New CAB members going to help us, or are some of them just trying to get closer to management?

:(

Someone, please tell me I'm full o' crap.

BB is a perfect example of this! He wants a position of authority in the worst way. Must have felt inadequate as a child.

BB is a perfect example of this! He wants a position of authority in the worst way. Must have felt inadequate as a child.

I don't believe that's his problem at all! He is inadequate as an adult, that is the real problem.

Latest resources

Back