• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Cards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
actually I am a senior FO for those who wonder, and I still did not get christmas off but the junior guys did, i am not complaining too much as home reserve has been pretty good to me but talking to others that will end soon when my upgrade comes

one more thing, i still think we should wait and see what happens in January before everybody gets too upset, Flex still seems like a pretty good place to work.

One more thing, I promise. Look at Comair they were the highest paid in the regional world and best place to work after their successful strike that resulted in nice pay raises. Things are bad for them now. Delta used to be the same not so anymore. I am not saying anything but this is aviation and what looks good now and what the union gets may not always work out in the end. I am not trying to imply anything but it is something to think about. I apologize for my grammar, never my strong point but I am fairly decent at math and science.

Now when I say that, I'm labeled a union buster. But what you just wrote is the exact thing I've been trying to say. Just because a union negotiates a great contract doesn't mean that it is going to work out. When it doesn't work out, it takes down more than just the union membership. Everybody suffers, the pilots, rank and file employees, the company, the shareholders, the local economy and everybody else affiliated with the carrier.

Can someone refresh my memory on how to ignore someone here? I've had enough of the idiot known as B19, and for Christmas, I want to never read anything from him again.

I'm flattered. I don't want you to read anything from me ever again either. I'd rather focus on those that want honest information.

I don't have time right now to pay attention to things like I used to, but to block me, go to "User Cp" at the top of your page and go to Buddy/Ignore List.

The PMs are most interesting anyway.

www.unionfacts.com

As an interested outsider watching how all of this pans out, there is one blatant fact that stands out.

Out of the Fracs - there is one with a union. I personally believe that having a strong union in place is at least a contributing factor to the following:

Best Paid Airmen/Women in the Frac industry
Best working conditions (QOL) in the industry
Best Medical Benefits in the industry
Best contributions to retirement in the industry
Best Stability in the industry
Best work rules in the industry
Best operator in the industry

The other aspect is it seems that NJ has in place a smart, motivated management that places a high value on its employee's. They truly seem to "walk the walk" compared to the management at the others - especially FLOPS and Flex. Any operation is only as good as whomever sits on top of the food chain - and I think Mr. Buffet has instilled in all of his companies the premise that a happy employee is a more cost effective/productive employee in many ways. Such a simple concept - yet so few running business' care to employ it these days.

I'm willing to bet Flex and it's handlers wouldn't miss a beat by coming close to what NJ's is doing. The difference is the fat cats sitting behind the desks making his big $$$ looks at you guys like sheep, not assets - and until the issue is forced - nothing will change.

...and I think Mr. Buffet has instilled in all of his companies the premise that a happy employee is a more cost effective/productive employee in many ways. Such a simple concept - yet so few running business' care to employ it these days.

Ok, NJ is great as thanks for raising the bar, but isn't that going a little too far? Search the board for threads about NJ a few years ago when FOs were paid $27k. Back in day there was much more NJ complaining then the flex complaining we see today. Did Buffet care back then?

Ok, NJ is great as thanks for raising the bar, but isn't that going a little too far? Search the board for threads about NJ a few years ago when FOs were paid $27k. Back in day there was much more NJ complaining then the flex complaining we see today. Did Buffet care back then?

It may be - but only a little. He has a history of well managed companies where the employee is considered an asset - not a liability. Most companies these days seem to view employees as a liability. While "back in the day" there may have been complaining - there was also a market with an overabundance of qualifed pilots. More pilots than jobs is not good, except for an employer. With that currently reversed - these are the times when the employees can have an impact on their present and future situation. Without a voice speaking in unison - nothing will happen. NJ's has adapted to the current market conditions, the others will only follow if there is an impetus. A union of pilots can create that impetus - individuals can not.

As an interested outsider watching how all of this pans out, there is one blatant fact that stands out.

Out of the Fracs - there is one with a union. I personally believe that having a strong union in place is at least a contributing factor to the following:

Best Paid Airmen/Women in the Frac industry
Best working conditions (QOL) in the industry
Best Medical Benefits in the industry
Best contributions to retirement in the industry
Best Stability in the industry
Best work rules in the industry
Best operator in the industry

I'm willing to bet Flex and it's handlers wouldn't miss a beat by coming close to what NJ's is doing. The difference is the fat cats sitting behind the desks making his big $$$ looks at you guys like sheep, not assets - and until the issue is forced - nothing will change.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there FastJP4.

The other problem is that there are a lot of guy's at flex that seem to like being treated/violated like sheep.

They've gotten so used to it that they wont even send in a union card and at least force a vote or make management look at them as something other than little furry animals.

Now when I say that, I'm labeled a union buster. But what you just wrote is the exact thing I've been trying to say. Just because a union negotiates a great contract doesn't mean that it is going to work out. When it doesn't work out, it takes down more than just the union membership. Everybody suffers, the pilots, rank and file employees, the company, the shareholders, the local economy and everybody else affiliated with the carrier.

That is because you come off as a jerk.

Give us all a break

That is because you come off as a jerk.

Dude, if you must continue to respond to this moron at lease do it with out quoting his bull$hit. Many of us have put him on our ignore list, in fact he's the only one on my list just so I don't have to see his union busting crap.

Give us a break.....how about it????:beer:

The "Strong Union" local 1108 has done a great deal for the NetJet Pilot Group. If you whant to get better conditions and compensation for you and your Pilot Group, you will need to have a well organized group to help get you there. 1108 is one of the best.

We are not here to screw a company out of money, we just whant a fair and appropriate compensation package with descent conditions, and after we got the 2005ta we magicaly started to show a profit at NJA. The IBB gave some better conditions in the areas where it is needed.

There is almost no way to get what you whant without a well organized group. As each pilot group at all of the fractionals gets to have an appropriate contract and compensation package with good working conditions, it will help all others within the fractional industry, and make it even a better industry to be in for all of us.

What has the 1108 done for us in the last few yrs. 1st yr FO pay from 27,000 to 56,875. 1st yr captain pay from 27,000 to 87,000. since we all know now that you will probably not be a captain for a couple of yrs, here is 5yr capt pay it whent from around 60,000 to 100,408.
There are plenty of other benefits that 1108 has gotten for us. Just take a look at our current contract.

Making captain on how well you suckup to management is something that you should not have to deal with. I do have friends at some of the other fractionals that have to deal with this, and they are thinking about moving on to another company. and before you ask, this has never been an issue to me where I am now or have been.

FASTJP4 and others are bringing up other great points listen to them.

And to those who whant to put others on their ignore list please don't do that, it will only hurt the organization efforts, you need to know what these missinformed people are thinking and saying, so you can get them informed and or fight their misinformation.

Is our contract perfect, of course not, but it is a dam good one and it is a thousand times better then it was a few short yrs ago. Iam thankful to them.

Like I said earlier we don't whant to screw our companies we just whant a fair contract with good conditions, do not let your company unioin busting cool-aid break you. The cool-aid gets heavy at times so You will need to be a well organized group to fight them or you will get no where, also you need this to keep yourselfs in a fighting mode to keep everyone on tract to get you the contract that you deserve and whant. Some pilots stray at the first bit of cool-aid you will need to be able to bring them back in, so stay strong.
1108 is one of the best organizations to help get you there, its pilots helping our fellow brother and sister pilots

May eveyone have a Merry Christmas

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back