• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet phildo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking at the latest seniority list. Interesting that management is completely ignoring it and putting two new hires off the street into the CL300/350 fleet as FO's. If I was a Phenom or Lear FO, I would be plenty p*ssed off at not having the opportunity to move up into a large cabin A/C. Oh well, no contract, no rules. Dumbest pilot group in existence.

Looking at the latest seniority list. Interesting that management is completely ignoring it and putting two new hires off the street into the CL300/350 fleet as FO's. If I was a Phenom or Lear FO, I would be plenty p*ssed off at not having the opportunity to move up into a large cabin A/C. Oh well, no contract, no rules. Dumbest pilot group in existence.

Captold,

I cant speak for Flight Options, but Flexjet has always hired into a specific fleet according to need, training slots, etc. No breaking news here.

#FactCheck for captold. Let us help you learn how to read contract language and then maybe you can have an #intelligent post on these boards.

Flight Options CBA: All Pilots shall, upon their date of hire, incur a 39-month equipment lock in the aircraft type initially assigned by the Company. The Company may assign a newly hired Pilot to a posted but unfilled First Officer position in any aircraft type.

Netjets CBA: a newly-hired crewmember will be assigned to an available First Officer position.

I read that to mean that Flexjet and Netjets have the #option to put new hires into a specific fleet according to their needs. I'm sure the 1.6% haters will argue that to mean you can't but good luck with that, it is very clear.

GlorifiedCAbbie - As fas as FO's hired in 2001 - why do you think that is? I've met several First Officers who were former Flight Options that are in the Challenger and Legacy fleet. Oh wait - maybe it was because the Union screwed over all those guys (because they had a contract) or was it because the Union was more interested in winning over the hearts and minds here at Flexjet? I still remember the ridiculous sales pitch from the P2P who called me (even though I wasn't eligible to vote). Maybe you missed the communication from the SLI committee. They are working to come up with a seniority list that we can vote on. Sounds like its your chance to make it right. I'm at the bottom no matter what but at least we have a choice.

Next post...please

#FactCheck for captold. Let us help you learn how to read contract language and then maybe you can have an #intelligent post on these boards.

Flight Options CBA: All Pilots shall, upon their date of hire, incur a 39-month equipment lock in the aircraft type initially assigned by the Company. The Company may assign a newly hired Pilot to a posted but unfilled First Officer position in any aircraft type.

Netjets CBA: a newly-hired crewmember will be assigned to an available First Officer position.

I read that to mean that Flexjet and Netjets have the #option to put new hires into a specific fleet according to their needs. I'm sure the 1.6% haters will argue that to mean you can't but good luck with that, it is very clear.

GlorifiedCAbbie - As fas as FO's hired in 2001 - why do you think that is? I've met several First Officers who were former Flight Options that are in the Challenger and Legacy fleet. Oh wait - maybe it was because the Union screwed over all those guys (because they had a contract) or was it because the Union was more interested in winning over the hearts and minds here at Flexjet? I still remember the ridiculous sales pitch from the P2P who called me (even though I wasn't eligible to vote). Maybe you missed the communication from the SLI committee. They are working to come up with a seniority list that we can vote on. Sounds like its your chance to make it right. I'm at the bottom no matter what but at least we have a choice.

Next post...please

Before we had a contract at Flexjet, FOs couldn't transfer to another FO seat unless there was a company need for it, such as a retiring fleet or balancing. The contract, however, did allow for FO to FO moves, which is why you see former Phenom FOs in other fleets. As for your contract quote, it says "...posted but unfilled first officer position..." The company has hired into the legacy and challengers without first posting those positions for other FOs to bid on. That's the way it was done before the contract as well. They could put you into any fleet without offering those seats to more senior pilots first. It keeps the retraining costs down.

Before we had a contract at Flexjet, FOs couldn't transfer to another FO seat unless there was a company need for it, such as a retiring fleet or balancing. The contract, however, did allow for FO to FO moves, which is why you see former Phenom FOs in other fleets. As for your contract quote, it says "...posted but unfilled first officer position..." The company has hired into the legacy and challengers without first posting those positions for other FOs to bid on. That's the way it was done before the contract as well. They could put you into any fleet without offering those seats to more senior pilots first. It keeps the retraining costs down.

It doesn’t really keep the costs down if it’s a Lear or Phenom FO, because when they upgrade they will go back to the plane they are typed in, and a new hire who lands a Legacy or CL seat will then have to go and get typed in a Lear or Phenom when they upgrade. Same, same.

Next post...please

Great! Now the company has the chance to fix everything. As far as a vote on an SLI, its the illusion of participating but the result will be the same. When can the Phenom FO's upgrade and when can the Phenom CA's move up and make some money?

Be smarter than that ClubORD. We all know how to read. Please assure us that you understand the difference between the following .... the Company "shall" assign vs. "the Company "may" assign.

#IntelligentPosts... please

Be smarter than that ClubORD. We all know how to read. Please assure us that you understand the difference between the following .... the Company "shall" assign vs. "the Company "may" assign.

#IntelligentPosts... please

Well there is no point arguing over contract language as there is no contract. All I know for sure is that the policy use to be no FO to FO moves unless there was a company need for it. Any open FO seats were filled by new hires. That’s just the way it was and everyone accepted it. As the options fleet were parked they moved those FOs into Flexjet seats, but didn’t first offer those seats to Flexjet Lear pilots.

I have have no idea what the policy is now.

It doesn’t really keep the costs down if it’s a Lear or Phenom FO, because when they upgrade they will go back to the plane they are typed in, and a new hire who lands a Legacy or CL seat will then have to go and get typed in a Lear or Phenom when they upgrade. Same, same.

DirtyBeech. Welcome Back. How was training? So your logic once again is #FLAWED.

1. It is not the "same same"
2. Be logical and try to assess the problem with sound reasoning
3. Maybe stop posting all together

Latest resources

Back