Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brett Hull

Pastafarian
Anyone have any news on this out of South Florida? Apparently the engine shop called my boss asking if they could use our engine that's just coming out of repair as a loaner to ferry this airplane back to Dallas. Not sure why it needs to be ferried back to Dallas with a service center there in FLL, but nevertheless...

Good job to the crew getting what was left back on the ground safely!

What happened? I puked an engine in a 60 about 2 years ago but, this one sounds a little more interesting.

Any pics would be interesting too....the LR60 was a blast.... sure would be a handful if one of those puppies let go explosively though!

Hope nobody was on the toilet at the time. :)

saw a flex lear land in psp the other day with the engine cowling completly gone on the left engine. four fire engines followed it in to the ramp. the passenger and her little rat dog were a little shaken.

Yea, my mistake. It was PSP. I misunderstood the boss. Thought he said Palm Beach.

A Flex LR60 had an uncontained engine failure after leaving off at FL410 and diverted to PSP. The crew's training kicked in and they did an excellent job and ATC was a great help also.
The cowling was lost in the failure and some minor damage to the aircraft. The F.O. stated he was amazed when he actually got to look at the engine after landing that the damage or outcome was not worse by the looks of the engine.

Sounds like a goose to me

P&W came out with a service information letter. Stating there was damage to the nacelle, inlet section and cowl area. Sounds like something may have precipitated this event rather than an uncontained engine failure for no apparent reason.

P&W came out with a service information letter. Stating there was damage to the nacelle, inlet section and cowl area. Sounds like something may have precipitated this event rather than an uncontained engine failure for no apparent reason.

I did not know that geese flew at 41000 feet? There were at level flight when it happened.

Latest resources

Back