• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet has a new App!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GC I know you get it; please don't take my interjections personally. However I also know how the average Flexjet pilot deals with fatigue and will interpret the FOM to continue to act unprofessionally and irresponsibly when it comes to fatigue calls. Guys will still rather call in sick and burn PTO then use the dreaded F bomb. Additionally a policy of anticipated fatigue makes the problem worse not better. Talk to our ASAP rep and you'll see fatigue at Flexjet the #1 contributing factor so obviously some would still rather fly tired than get on the company radar.

In the past, fatigue was not an issue. Prior to acquisition our average duty day 8-9 hours after nights in good hotels. Now the average duty day is 12 plus and our hotel quality has suffered.

The only thing that has remained is the personality profile - the get it done at all costs attitude. When the company was looking out for us, fail safes were in place to counter that attitude with a bent toward safety. Now it's the wild west. I hate to say it but we are a fatality waiting to happen. The only thing I can do is make sure it's not me.

Exactly. And when it does happen the company will throw the pilot under the bus. That's what they do. It's always been the pilots fault or the Unions.

I have never had any issue with pilots and a delay to to fatigue. However, it is up to the company to management the fleet and crews in such a way such that the company can provide a quick, suitable recovery flight when fatigue does occur.

I do not know the flying rules and regulations, but I can see "prospective fatigue". Many times if I have a long drive I may think to myself, "I am fine now, but knowing my body I don't think I can handle a 6 hour drive". So while I would not be actually fatigued at the commencement, I know that I can not handle the mission.

Thanks for all for not flying fatigued! We appreciate it,

You may appreciate it NJAOWNER but FlexibleFlops don't appreciate it ..Probably why you are NJAOWNER and not Flexibleflopsowner

Latest resources

Back