• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet Flies out of the red.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say that most of the pilots I have flown with feel the same way as Lone Star and Vixen. Cookie-boy...too funny, he has many pet names. You gotta love the office politics. They are great if you are with the "in" crowd, bad if all the 604 captains call for you job.

NJA matches 50% up to a max of 15% of your biweekly paycheck. Junior FO's will not achieve the federal limit over 26 pay periods, but we have an agreement that we can make an annual catch up to the federal max and the company will true it up. Example: you only deposit $7000 bucks for the year due to the 15% restriction, but add another $8000 out of your savings account at the end of the year. Company will true up to their $7500 match. They do this so those making higher incomes don't max their 401k at the beginning of the year by contributing 100% of the first 3 or 4 paychecks in order to avoid huge cash outlays early.

Ignore what I said.
Pervis where can I get more info on the catch up? Is the "younger" crowd able to do this??? Thanks.

Last edited:
Ignore what I said.
Pervis where can I get more info on the catch up? Is the "younger" crowd able to do this??? Thanks.

Look at the LOA section on the union web site or call NJA benefits. Bonus distribution is a separate LOA and can be used all or in part to true up for the year. I did this for 2005. After bonus payments are complete, the 15% rule for payroll deduction applies with the ability to make a lump sum catch up at the end of the year with company match (50%) up to the federal ($15000 for 2006).

Interesting article, but no one calls Richard Santulli "Rick", at least not to his face.

The idea behind fractional ownership -- pioneered in 1986 by Rick Santulli, the founder of industry leader NetJets -- is that there are many potential users of business jets who can't afford, or don't need to own, a jet full-time.

Makes one wonder what kind of research went into the rest of the article.

GV

finnjl,

I think you, and many others posting here, are completely mising the point about unions. Prior to NJA, I had almost an extreme anti-union sentiment. Of course, I was also walked all over by the company management of the last places I worked.

But the point is, you and some others act like the unions are mostly ineffective. Quick recap: who are the unions? Answer: The pilots!!! (well, in the aviation industry anyway). So, if a particular union isn't effective, most likely it's because the union members (i.e. the pilots), simply refuse to stand up for themselves. Union leaders can only do so much if the membership at large doesn't back them up.

When our negotiating team met with company officials to negotiate, the company would often dig its heals in and refuse to budge. When the results of these sessions were reported to the pilot membership, things on the road mysteriously slowed down, a lot. And just as mysteriously, the company would be back at the table the next day with a better offer.
I wonder what would have happened if instead of things on the road slowing down, our pilots kept pushing the pace, doing favors for the company, working extra days, and flying planes that weren't COMPLETELY legal. Think we'd be where we are today?

So when you knock unions, and especially the union leadership, try to remember who the union REALLY is. If the union is ineffective, the members probably don't need to look much further than a mirror to figure out why.

Netjets tried once, but they wanted Bombardier to cut thier price. Plus Netjets is Bombardier Flexjet's competition.
TC

Latest resources

Back