• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Announces Delivery of Seven Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No recalls is my guess. Especially since the 60 is dying a slow death, probably about the time the 85 shows up is my guess.

No recalls is my guess. Especially since the 60 is dying a slow death, probably about the time the 85 shows up is my guess.

No kidding. Also, gonna be tough to convince anyone to buy a new 85 share at $19MM whole aircraft ($1.2MM/share) when you could probably get a much bigger, longer range, used 300 share for much, much less.

No kidding. Also, gonna be tough to convince anyone to buy a new 85 share at $19MM whole aircraft ($1.2MM/share) when you could probably get a much bigger, longer range, used 300 share for much, much less.

Even rich people suffer from NJS - "New Jet Syndrome". They want to tell their friends at the country club that they have the latest and greatest.

Even rich people suffer from NJS - "New Jet Syndrome". They want to tell their friends at the country club that they have the latest and greatest.

New jet syndrome is by and large a thing of the past in the fracs, imo. Current trends suggest pre-owned business jets are just as good, yet much cheaper than buying new.
The country club set is more enamored with new houses, wives, toys, etc. Doubtful a frac owner goes on and on at the country club about the age of their Challenger, Falcon, Ultra or Excel. What they may tell friends about is the NJA/XO brand, for example, and their overall experience, neither of which has to do with the manufacture date of a plane.
I can almost guarantee that njaowner will "most likely" never buy new again unless he gets a screaming deal in regards to the asset cost. Why should he as his (and most of his friends) experiences will be identical whether they buy new or significantly reduced pre-owned assets. I hope he comes on and proves me wrong as nothing would be better for the overall aviation industry than for the uber-wealthy (business and commercial purchasers) to do nothing but buy new.

Latest resources

Back