• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm on the 300, so everyone I fly with has flown some sort of Lear previously. I've never heard any of them say take the 45 if given a choice. Everyone always says take the Lear 60. Better room and performance!

Have fun!

Well guys, I took the 45. What I didn't mention was the fact that I was on the road when I received the call with the offer. By the time I got back home, I wouldn't have given my current job a proper two weeks notice, and I didn't want to burn any bridges. So to make a long story short, I had to turn down the 60 class because it was just a few days too soon. Again, thanks for all of your input, and thank you to all who responded to my "Flexjet Interview" post. It was a great process and I look forward to working with such a great goup of people.

They were telling new hires 4 year upgrades but that has changed to about 2 years and probably will be less by the end of the year. We are currently short 11 captains in the 45 fleet. As of monday August 20th We had 6 LR 45 captains go to CL 300 upgrade training either way upgrades are coming fast! each fleet does kind of have their own identity. Either way if you get a Lear thats good you will upgrade into a Lear so it will make it that much easier later.

That does not include all the guys we have had apply to the Majors and the retirements this year. Could get very interesting very quickly.

Bailey

Yes well over 20% of the pilot group has applied to the Legacy carriers. So with every Legacy carrier saying they will being in full swing hiring we could see the numbers we need next year double.

Bailey
Hey Baily i just had my check ride this week and the schoolhouse says they are starting to see less and less pilots with flight time over 4000 hrs. They seem to think we will get hit by the so called shortage soon because most guys are just meeting the minimums lately. Just hear say from the schoolhouse so take it for what its worth.

i heard what sounded like a large number too...but that was months ago. not many people have left. I think that high number you and I have heard, probably from the same chain smoking captain, is not accurate

Latest resources

Back