Flex Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
days worked

Au Contraire mon ami..... For NJA there are 182 days of work available MINUS two, three, or 4 weeks of vacation. So at the minimum vacation available, you would only work 168 days. Then there is sim twice a year, two more weeks, and ground recurrent which is a week.

And all this with a pretty good salery! .... Who sez unions dont pay.

Sounds pretty good, but I think you're reaching with the recurrent stuff being considered off time. If you're away from home and getting paid for it I'd consider it work. By that standard Flex pilots also get an extra 10 or so days off a year for training (and do pass on to your p.r. people that we do indeed go in for training twice a year). And Flex pilots get 26 days off per year for starters too.

26 days PTO first year. Sorry if that was confusing.

No, you don't.

You get 10 days of paid vacation your first year. Those extra days they tack on there are out of your regular time off.

At NetJets you would get 21 days for each week of vacation instead of 13 days.

I may be misinformed, but how is the week before and after a NJ's vacation any different than the time before and after a Flex vacation? Other than number of days I'm at a loss.

Flex is pretty good but...

A new FO who bids down to 14 to match NetJets 7/7 schedule would make $4300 less. On top of that you pay out more for benefits and get less match on your 401k. Looks like no raises this year even NetJets will get a COLA, but there will be a bonus. Oh, and don't forget no sick days for new hires either. Not a bad place to work but those are the facts of the matter.

I may be misinformed, but how is the week before and after a NJ's vacation any different than the time before and after a Flex vacation? Other than number of days I'm at a loss.

Yes, you get a string of 13 days off, but only five of those are paid. Your pay for the bid period will be the days you worked, plus five vacation days, multiplied by your daily rate.

All that is true, and has exactly what to do with the vacation time mentioned above?

Yes, you get a string of 13 days off, but only five of those are paid. Your pay for the bid period will be the days you worked, plus five vacation days, multiplied by your daily rate.

You're correct, and having a 5 day paid period surrounded by two four day off periods or the equivalent ought not make any difference in your bid period pay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back