• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex or Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Berkshire Hathaway is willing to open up the books. Why don't you look at them, determine what the company can pay and stay in business, demand that, and adopt a new goal of being the best paid company in the fractional business?

GV i've enjoyed your posts- but BH is not willing to open up the books to a forensic audit. This is a major sticking point.

Just wanted to clear that up.

GVflyer:

If you raise your management fees your competitors will not follow suit, they will simply sell more shares and increase their market share as yours diminishes.

I don't agree with this. Ask any flight ops guy what they were briefed around this time last year when the TA was about to be voted on. They were going to match our raise or better it. Now you can argue that they may or may not accomplish this by raising MMF, but I bet they will match it. Just look at the model you presented. It is almost identical.

They must not make an agreement with you that threatens the viability of the company.

So I guess NJets Scotland and more over expansion doesn't threaten the viability of our company. Just ask any Midway guy what over expansion brought them.

If you watch carefully, you can see the guys fresh from the military or the regionals, who are just happy to have a job

These guys hurt all of us. The last time I checked they have the option of not joining the union. So I don't agree with this premise either.

A more productive model would have the union working with management and pilots to get the most pay possible while insuring the continued health of the company.

We tried playing footsie with these guys and they steamrolled us. Now that we are swatting some butts for a change, we get this sentiment. It is time management worked with us. Bargain in good faith would be a start. Abide by the contract would be a second. Ask these company moles how much jack they shelled out this summer. Ask them how much is waiting in the wings for class action suits. I notice they are very silent on this here.

Berkshire Hathaway is willing to open up the books. Why don't you look at them, determine what the company can pay and stay in business, demand that, and adopt a new goal of being the best paid company in the fractional business?

Nice try, but your either spinning or you don't have all the facts. This is flat out not true. BRk doesn't have the stomach for a forensic audit. This has been beat like a rented mule on here. Go back and do a search.

You did get one thing right though. We do have a goal of being the best paid company in the frax business.

squonk said:
GVflyer:You did get one thing right though. We do have a goal of being the best paid company in the frax business.

This is why no one from NJA leaves. They know they don't have any better options so they are trying for the above.

BTW: When do you clowns get to hold up your signs again? I need a good laugh!

NJACMH:

BTW: When do you clowns get to hold up your signs again? I need a good laugh

Yes, go ahead and get your jollies out now. I know we look kind of funny out there in the holding patterns.

The beauty of it is it doesn't really matter if you laugh about it. The half a dozen owners that stopped and asked what was going on were not laughing. The three vendors that stopped that day and picked up the informational packet were not laughing.

This is funny though. The truck driver that stopped to ask if we were on strike was carrying a load of jet fuel. He said, and I quote, "well when you do go on strike, they won't be getting any fuel for the planes!"

Now that's FUNNY!

Good post GV, probably makes too much sense for the union thugs to get it.

squonk said:
GVflyer:

I don't agree with this. Ask any flight ops guy what they were briefed around this time last year when the TA was about to be voted on. They were going to match our raise or better it. Now you can argue that they may or may not accomplish this by raising MMF, but I bet they will match it. Just look at the model you presented. It is almost identical.

Right, you guys can set pricing in your industry just like United, Delta, and Northwest can in theirs - just because they're big. Worked great for them. I'll bet it works just as well for you.

And you know all this because you talked to a couple of their pilots on the road. That's whati'd call an informed source.

SeaSpray said:
Good post GV, probably makes too much sense for the union thugs to get it.

Right, you guys can set pricing in your industry just like United, Delta, and Northwest can in theirs - just because they're big. Worked great for them. I'll bet it works just as well for you.

And you know all this because you talked to a couple of their pilots on the road. That's whati'd call an informed source.

Look at it again Seaspray:

If I buy a 1/8th share Citation Excel/XLS from you, it costs $1,312,500.00, $14,524.00 in monthly management fees and $1,804.00 an occupied hour.

If I buy the same airplane from Citation Shares, it costs $1,312,000.00, $15,200 in monthly management fees and $1,900.00 an occupied hour.

If I buy a 1/8th share of a Lear 45 from Flexjet, it costs $1,258,000.00, $11,320 in monthly management feels, and $1,650.00 an occupied hour.

The pricing is almost identical. Who do you think set this pricing? That's right....NJA did! You see we've been here the longest. When we came out with a flight card what did the other frax do? Right again, they followed suit.

The others will follow. They have no other choice really.

Maybe some Flight Options folks can back this up for Sspray? I had no reason to doubt the two or three crews we spoke to over that tour.

Last edited:
squonk said:
The truck driver that stopped to ask if we were on strike was carrying a load of jet fuel. He said, and I quote, "well when you do go on strike, they won't be getting any fuel for the planes!"

Now that's FUNNY!

Please explain how that's going to work.

NetJets gets its fuel from FBO's. The FBO's have many customers, including NetJets.

Is some truck driver going to stop delivering fuel to all FBO's and all their other customers?

What's to stop NetJets from using the other FBO's on the field?

This doesnt appear to be feasible at all....just an empty threat....much like the scab list for charter companies.

squonk said:
So I guess NJets Scotland and more over expansion doesn't threaten the viability of our company. Just ask any Midway guy what over expansion brought them.

Are you refering to this?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1934712005

The article doesnt say...is this truly a 'new operation' complete with operations center, staff, etc.... or is it just another sales office?

A sales office up there probably makes sense....hard to argue against it when they appear to have a good concentration of wealth in the area.

Or do you have something against a sales office as well?

FamilyGuy said:
Please explain how that's going to work.

NetJets gets its fuel from FBO's. The FBO's have many customers, including NetJets.

Is some truck driver going to stop delivering fuel to all FBO's and all their other customers?

What's to stop NetJets from using the other FBO's on the field?

This doesnt appear to be feasible at all....just an empty threat....much like the scab list for charter companies.

FamilyGuy:

Yes FBO's have many customers. I'm just relaying what this particular driver told us.

What's to stop Netjets from using the other FBO's? Netjets will need to build another FBO in this case. It's the only one. ;)

I don't think it's an empty threat. Just one more cog in the wheel that can bring things to a slow grinding halt.

ps
I haven't seen anyone bringing up scab lists lately...except you company guys....looks like your just stirring the pot. Must get old after a while. You're doing a good job though. Keep up the good work.

squonk said:
Look at it again Seaspray:

The pricing is almost identical. Who do you think set this pricing? That's right....NJA did! You see we've been here the longest. When we came out with a flight card what did the other frax do? Right again, they followed suit.

Maybe some Flight Options folks can back this up for Sspray? I had no reason to doubt the two or three crews we spoke to over that tour.

Actually, FlexJet has been lowering monthly maintenance fees accross the board. I think your competitors will look at you raising MMF as an opportunity to increase market share.

squonk said:
The others will follow. They have no other choice really.

Really, why? If they are profitable at their current pricing there is no reason to follow NJA.

Latest resources

Back