Flex Jet Home Basing???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wiggums:

I'm not in the know, but does it really matter? Why turn this into a negative. I'm sure many of our F/O's have airline applications out, some guys want to fly big planes and some just don't like the fractional flying.
It just doesn't matter!!!

Don't look for a change to our base policy in time soon, can't remember who asked.

Just talked to RH and said upgrades could be at 1 1/2 year mark by the end of the year.
Need to hire 72 more pilots by end of year.
More bases?, don't count on it! (RH didn't say that, just my opinion)

That's a misleading statement. Yes, the people that upgrade at the end of THIS year(2007) were hired about 1.5 years ago. If you are hired today, who knows what it will be for upgrade. Could be 2 years or 4, no one really knows that answer until Flexjet figures out how many airplanes we want to be at. However, with attrition at +30%, someone on here could do the math and figure it out I suppose. I wish someone at Flexjet would clue us in on what the 5 year projection is on fleet size etc.. It's always a mystery.

How would F.O.'s leaving help the upgrade time? I'm thinking it's Capt.'s leaving.

Simple, any FO's that are ahead of me and leave means less people between me and upgrade.

"Let me guess, FOs must be leaving left and right. You can't get that low just based on growth."

When I started here 5 months ago I was at the bottom of around 380-385 pilots. Last seniority list shows 404 on property and I've gained around 10 numbers, so there have been more people hired then people above me leaving, at least for now.

I guess, I figured every pilot at every company knew up grade times are fluid, of course I'm only talking today or very near future.
It's kind of hard to guess what size your fleet is GOING to be in the fractionals, they have told us the number of planes on order for at least the next three years. By R.H. "We will have NET growth of 15 aircraft each year for the next 3 years." That has not happen so far this year so we will see. Maybe that was just the average over three years (some year more some less)?

BACK to the main question of thread: NO home basing in NNNEEEAAARRR future.

Simple, any FO's that are ahead of me and leave means less people between me and upgrade.

"Let me guess, FOs must be leaving left and right. You can't get that low just based on growth."

When I started here 5 months ago I was at the bottom of around 380-385 pilots. Last seniority list shows 404 on property and I've gained around 10 numbers, so there have been more people hired then people above me leaving, at least for now.
Rocket Man, movin up.

Why don't you guys just give up the new base ideas. Its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. They have even told us that we can't even get enough crews in the current base system. What makes you think they will add more? Ask for something possible that benefits everyone, not just a few that want to move to denver.

Gateway issue is coming to a head. Next CAB meeting should see some kind of information.

X O Jet just ordered 80 CL 300's. This might be what is needed for Bombardier to open a second production line for the 300. That would help Flexjet with faster delivieries on the 300. More growth.

Attrition - I think we are losing more people then is disclosed. This definitely helps for upgrades but requires more training cycles and IOE rotations. Thats been a big issue for the last couple of months.

70 newhires between now and end of year. Thats almost 20% of the existing pilot group. Considering you need 2500 tt and an ATP, that is a big goal for the next 4 months. Especially with the limited choice of Gateways.

Time will tell.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back