• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flashlight question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bought flashlights from the Dollar store...5 of them to be exact for, you guessed it $5. The way I figure it, I lose one about every year so I'm good for 5 years.

Heyas,

I actually have a Surefiire AND a D-cell Maglight I keep in my flight bag. While the Surefire is brighter, the Maglight is much more suitable for personal/cockpit defense. That's the REAL reason why it's the preferred choice for Law Enforcement.

Nu

I'll second that. I have one of the mini mag LED flashlights and it is wayyyyy brighter than the standard D-cell mag light. The batteries last a lot longer as well.

How much are they?

You spent over $100 on a flashlight?

Nope, it was a gift. I would never spend that much for a flashlight, are you crazy?

I highly doubt you can find a A2 for less then 130 bucks. Retail I think is $195.00. Even though it was a gift, it really has impressed me. Good for spottin venison.

Last edited:
I just use one of those little led lights designed to clip on a keyring. Works fine, and is plenty bright for my needs. It doesn't throw light far enough for a thorough walkaround, but the aircraft flashlights are fine for that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back