Flashlight question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
</H5>

I'd say that unless you can come up with an equivalency chart that covers all specs, you're SOL.

First: I've never been asked to "show my flash light" to anyone.

Second: One shot in the eyes with that 3 watt led should cover the equivalency chart.

</H5>

I'd say that unless you can come up with an equivalency chart that covers all specs, you're SOL.

Hey Wu- read the reg again. I don't know about you, but that rechargeable flashlight installed in the plane down by my left foot seems to cover that reg just fine. Ops spec on the other hand says nothing about a 2 d cell flashlight. It used to, but not any more.

I also have a Surefire A2. There is no equal. Makes Maglite look like 1982 AMC Renault headlight.

</H5>

These regs all need to be taken in the proper context. The part 91 reference that you quoted only applies to large and turbine powered multiengine and fractional airplanes being operated under part 91. Also, the reg you referenced says nothing about the pilot needing to carry the flashlight. Every other regulation regarding flashlights in part 91, part 135 and part 121 apply only to what the aircraft needs to be equipped with, not what the pilot needs to carry. 121.549 is the only regulation which says that a pilot needs to carry any kind of flashlight at all. This regulation says nothing about D cells, and only requires that the thing works.......so do my opspecs and I'm sure, every other opspecs that reference this regulation.

I also have a Surefire A2. There is no equal. Makes Maglite look like 1982 AMC Renault headlight.

Yeah this is the way to go. Regardless of your take on the regs you still need a light to do the walkaround, and this is the one.

MUCH lighter, smaller, brighter, and lithium batteries last longer than alkaline.

Costs are almost the same as equivalent conventional lights for battery and flashlight.

Note: Don't get the one with the metal bezel-stubs on the base...this is a weapon and will not get through TSA (well maybe the first 18-19 times).

Walmart

Walmart got a small LED light that is 10X better then the mags for $16. Takes 3 AAA's which equals 3v., The package will say 3v= 3AAA'S

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back