Flashlight question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shortbus driver

Is the mini maglite 3v or watts or whatever it takes to make it legal? If not what do you guys use, because I am not going to tote around my big maglite in my flightbag. Also I want a flashlight not something that can signal a spaceship I want it to be fairly inexpensive

I use the one on the plane. Nowhere does it say I have to take up space and lug around some heavy ass flashlight. Especially if the company dosent pay for it.

got one of those surefire flashlights, look into the light and damn near blinded myself. At least that's the excuse I'm gonna use for going blind ;)

the regs just say you need a flashlight "in good working order" for 121 ops....nothing about the "D cell" requirement in part 121..... your op specs might be different...

I have one of the new AA maglite led flashlights...nice and bright...

<H5>§ 91.503 Flying equipment and operating information.
(a) The pilot in command of an airplane shall ensure that the following flying equipment and aeronautical charts and data, in current and appropriate form, are accessible for each flight at the pilot station of the airplane:

(1) A flashlight having at least two size “D” cells, or the equivalent, that is in good working order.
</H5>

I'd say that unless you can come up with an equivalency chart that covers all specs, you're SOL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back