• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FL Captain Flapless...........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless you are talking about soccer . . . but that ain't no real sport, anyhow . . . just something invented to sell minivans and silly-looking socks.

Lol....I have a lot of Euro types that live in my neighborhood that live and die by that stupid sport.

Gee, lets run up and down a field for 90 minutes, and at the end, the score is 1-0! Wow, rousing victory there....

They used to go on about how violent Football is (that is our football, the ONLY football). Then they got all huffy when I pointed out that at least with our football, all the violence is on the field, not in the stands.

Nu

They used to go on about how violent Football is (that is our football, the ONLY football). Then they got all huffy when I pointed out that at least with our football, all the violence is on the field, not in the stands.

unless you are santa and are in PHL.

i dunno, aussie rules football is pretty cool.

where else can a crack whore make a good living? Yep, its the WNBA baby!

RV

How insulting...

I thought they were nappy headed hoe's...

oh no...that's college...my bad.

why are we so eager to trash our own pilot group? It's our typical AirTran culture.... trash each other, turn each other in, hope a fellow pilot gets canned...

we ALL make mistakes....some not as serious as others, but we all make them. Do you think the guys who were involved in these incidents set out that day to royally F-up their careers?

no, but it shows lack of SA at an extremely important time. remember the dc-9 out of dtw? at least they should get a month "on the beach"...if not fired.

careful when you cast stones bro's..

RV

Not at all! there is a reason why the bells and alarms are there and it is because we are human and this can happen to you or I, bro!

One thing is to make a mistake and another is to ignore the safe guards to let you know you made a mistake

Thats what I meant...Each of us is only a heart-beat away from making a mistake that could ruin a life(s) or a career.

RV

Lol....I have a lot of Euro types that live in my neighborhood that live and die by that stupid sport.

Gee, lets run up and down a field for 90 minutes, and at the end, the score is 1-0! Wow, rousing victory there....

Nu

Good stuff! However I have learned to like soccer a bit more over the years--at least when I watch the world's best (usually South Americans playing on a European club), not the watered down US version.

Soccer is boring much of the time, you are correct. However Europeans do have at least some good points: nothing is more amusing than watching a football player make one long run, kickoff return, etc. and the next thing you see on the sideline is him sucking oxygen like his life depends on it. And of course there is always the iconic overweight, balls-scratching, sunflower-seed-spitting relief pitcher to advertise just how athletic baseball can be.

But I told a Brazilian friend of mine soccer will never be popular in America as long as the players keep taking dives to try and draw a foul. As long as they keep playing the wimp card there will be NO credibility to the typical American fan.

And we all know that there is nothing better than a college football Saturday!

Latest resources

Back