• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FL Captain Flapless...........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess it could be considered what almost happened in CAK. Not sure of the specifics but a 737 about 5 out at less than 500 AGL. Within the last year I'm pretty sure. If true, those guys shouldn't be here.

Is MEM still in the left seat?

He is back in the left seat after 6 months in the right.

Good guy, could have happened to any of us.

Now the flap thing, that was just careless and reckless. Unbelieveable! Well maybe not!

Gotta love the green box.

...and CAWS.

Guys have been fired for lesser things!

Like going above and beyond by helping passengers and maintaining a safe operation.

Teams win!

I'm not saying he should have been fired or the other ones. I hope none of us would have a major brain disengagement like that. Just making an observation.

Doesn't it take two pilots? Where's the other pilot while this alleged stuff is happening?

Last edited:
Hum? What did they think the config warning was all about?:rolleyes:

Thanks to SWA, the 737NG doesn't have a fancy voice warning like every other airplane built in the last few decades. They wanted it to be just like the classic 737s, so all you get is a beeping noise that is apparently relatively easy to overlook. That's what I've been told by our 737 drivers, anyway.

Thanks to SWA, the 737NG doesn't have a fancy voice warning like every other airplane built in the last few decades. They wanted it to be just like the classic 737s, so all you get is a beeping noise that is apparently relatively easy to overlook. That's what I've been told by our 737 drivers, anyway.

Don't know about the "thanks to SWA", maybe, maybe not. However, the beeping noise is loud and annoying. IMHO, not too hard to overlook. I for one, would want to take a second to figure out the reason for the warning. Especially, since it will sound for a true config. warning before the engines are spooled up to takeoff thrust.

Latest resources

Back