• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Five "Inefficiencies of Fractional Ownership" According to XOJet CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"XOJet's business plan is managed whole aircraft ownership with a companion option for leasing blocks of unused capacity, then selling charter to cover deadheading and periods when capacity is available to the on-demand market. XOJet sells whole airplanes and leases blocks of capacity, and both owners and lessees are guaranteed an airplane when they need it. XOJet sells charter on demand when the aircraft are available - during the slow periods. Lessees buy blocks of hours (i.e., 100 hours). In the ownership model, you buy the whole airplane, you pay no management fees or fixed cost, and so you save a million up front every year since there is no pilot pay, insurance or hanger rent and you receive 400 hours at the DOC rate only: fuel, engine MSP and trip expenses. Owners who require additional hours can pay an all-in rate that includes fixed cost plus DOC."

Sucks the CEO can't spell HANGAR correctly...

Could you live in a Tier 1 and do the 15/13? Or can you only do the 8/6?

Either schedule is available if you live in a Tier 1 domicile. Only the double (15/13) schedule is available if you live in a Tier 2. The reason for that is that Tier 2 airports will more than likely be more remote than our Tier 1 airports (ie. not likely to be airline hubs) so the airline tickets will be more expensive. The company will have to airline a Tier 2 guy much less often than a Tier 1 guy on the 8/6 rotation, so they're willing to spend more on the Tier 2 guys airline ticket. Does that make sense?

So you rarely / never airline between airplanes during a rotation? Are your crews assigned to N-number specific airplanes?

So you rarely / never airline between airplanes during a rotation? Are your crews assigned to N-number specific airplanes?

Not exactly. It does happen that a crew stays with the airplane the entire tour, but if a surge crew takes your plane while you're sleeping, then an airline flight could be in your near future. But that flight sometimes is to your home base, or to another airplane. It just depends on demand. I kinda laughed when I read that in the article.

FO pay?

"FOs start at $52K and peak in the mid $80s"

Is this statement based on the old payscale since it has previously been posted here that FOs start at $63k/year?
T-bone or X-rated, please enlighten us.

/FlyZimex

"FOs start at $52K and peak in the mid $80s"

Is this statement based on the old payscale since it has previously been posted here that FOs start at $63k/year?
T-bone or X-rated, please enlighten us.

/FlyZimex

Doh! Looks like i posted bad information on that. 52K is the correct number. I though I corrected myself in the other thread where I said 63k. At least I meant to correct it. Sorry about that. The good news is that upgrade time here is fairly quick, if you're ready for it. If you walk in the door with good experience and pick things up quickly, you'll upgrade in just a few months.

Again, sorry about that bad info I put out.

It seems to work on a smaller scale. Check out the latest FBO rag with Terry Bradshaw on the cover. He has been doing what the above article advocates and has made out well with his old Lear.

Latest resources

Back