• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First XE (ASA) CR7 heading to GoJets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry, just how is that different from when those same airplanes went from Comair to ASA? Or is it that it benefited you and thus was okay?

The difference is that when the planes were transferred to ASA, ASA's contract was actually better than Comair's. These planes are being transferred to a company with much lower compensation. it's like factories outsourcing to china.

Regional flying is just contract work. No offense meant at all, but that is a fact.

The only "person" who owns the flying is the company who paints their colors on the aircraft.

It was never "your" flying in the first place..... It was always the mainline carriers flying to do with as they choose.

What's wrong is that you take it personally and think it was "yours" in the first place and someone else is "taking" it from you. It never was... just relAX :)

Flying belongs to the shareholders and management. From there they decide who the flying gets assigned to. Sometimes it's their in-house plots, sometimes they contract out to another carrier (regional), or even a code-share.

The rare case nowadays is the airline whose management contractually agrees with their in-house pilots that all flying be done by them (SWA).

Not saying I like the system, but this is what it is in a nutshell.

Hey, had to dead head on them out of KELM (354CA). Waited 40 minutes to board with re-con on, ( guess no limitations) The FA'S were making it up and studying as it went. (training I guess) The Capt made a short field landing it seems and the lady behind me told the Fa that her and her kid were feeling sick after that landing and for eating the head rest from the seat in front of them, and that had never happened to them before and that she needed to stay put for a while. Oh well completion for Delta.

Last edited:
Anyone planning on making a career at a Delta Connection carrier needs to get their head examined. Unless you're over 50.

It's more like ANY pilot at ANY regional needs to get their head examined. All this crap going on is NOTHING new to the regional spectrum.

Agree....I think the writing is on the wall and regional feed companies will be MUCH smaller in the future. Things are better outside of that realm.....although I never believed it when I was in the thick of it for over a decade. It took fuel prices vs RJ economics, lots of analyzing and soul searching, and merger news to make me realize it was time to get out.

Maybe smaller is airframes, but my fear is further scope deterioration, allowing the "majors" to keep flying the int'l and heavy routes and RJ's in the 100 seat range flying everything else. It's cheap for the majors, and they will try it. I hope it's not reality, but with scope on the bargaining table for everyone (Co-united/DL/Usair) the possibility exists. That would solve the major's "retirement" issues and keep all the RJ (is regional really halfway across the USA?) at the lower tier cost structure. The writing is on the wall. I just hope enough people can write "call here for a good pilot" in time before the major's buy off the current workforce at the expense of the RJ workforce.

The difference is that when the planes were transferred to ASA, ASA's contract was actually better than Comair's. These planes are being transferred to a company with much lower compensation. it's like factories outsourcing to china.

Ooooh, I get it. So, if I was furloughed when those planes left Comair and went to ASA, I should have been happy about that, because at least those jobs "didn't go to China".

Perhaps that's because Comair's contract had just been raped and pillaged in the bankruptcy proceedings that they were dragged into by Delta?!

No. There was nothing "better" about those planes being transferred from Comair to ASA and Skywest than there is about them being transferred to GoJets.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living on a tropical island with a Latino in a white suit and a midget running around screaming "dee plane! dee plane!"
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually, for now, the CRJ side is EV and the ERJ side is XE.

I assumed the IATA code changed with the call sign and ICAO code. I guess the ERJ code change is delayed until new ID cards are issued to avoid CASS problems. In any case the OP was referring to the CRJ side.

I assumed the IATA code changed with the call sign and ICAO code. I guess the ERJ code change is delayed until new ID cards are issued to avoid CASS problems. In any case the OP was referring to the CRJ side.

Yeah, I believe it's just for CASS purposes.

Latest resources

Back