• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First XE (ASA) CR7 heading to GoJets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the end, we are all hurting each other.. Delta posts a huge profit. While we fight over pennys... This is not a good set up.....

In the end, we are all hurting each other.. Delta posts a huge profit. While we fight over pennys... This is not a good set up.....

Just how Delta likes it. Anyone planning on making a career at a Delta Connection carrier needs to get their head examined. Unless you're over 50.

Just how Delta likes it. Anyone planning on making a career at a Delta Connection carrier needs to get their head examined. Unless you're over 50.

Agree....I think the writing is on the wall and regional feed companies will be MUCH smaller in the future. Things are better outside of that realm.....although I never believed it when I was in the thick of it for over a decade. It took fuel prices vs RJ economics, lots of analyzing and soul searching, and merger news to make me realize it was time to get out.

Times were different when we got them, DL transferred them to us. Now DL wanted us to fly them at a loss. We said NO, I still think it's sad that these "alter ego" airlines are the ones to get these airplanes.

No they weren't, but rationalize away.

It's all a big shell game. Follow the money, it all leads one place. Different clowns through out the years, same circus.

I think Hulas underbid the contract at a loss to get in the Delta CRJ system. Obviously there is no more room scope wise for more planes so he must be after the rest of Comair's 700/900s. Or he's trying to make a good impression for future flying when a lot of the 50 seat flying expires in 2015/2016. maybe he's looking for a place to put his 50 MRJs "order"

But I don't see the lowering the bar/regional flying takeover that many are predicting GoJet to do. They simply can't compete with a company as big as Skywest Inc, or even Republic, maybe unless the mainline partner buys the planes. They are a small, cheaply run private company. Nobody knows what the heck their finances are like. Skywest Inc, with its excellent credit rating, can get much better deals on new planes that would trump whatever lower paid labor/seniority advantage Trans States Holding has.

....as sad as the day it was transferred to us from Comair? Is there any difference?

You must have priced yourself out with that industry leading contract you have. You should probably offer a pay cut so you can have a chance to get that flying back.

Regional flying is just contract work. No offense meant at all, but that is a fact.

The only "person" who owns the flying is the company who paints their colors on the aircraft.

It was never "your" flying in the first place..... It was always the mainline carriers flying to do with as they choose.

What's wrong is that you take it personally and think it was "yours" in the first place and someone else is "taking" it from you. It never was... just relAX :)

Last edited:
It was never "your" flying in the first place..... It was always the mainline carriers flying to do with as they choose.

What's wrong is that you take it personally and think it was "yours" in the first place and someone else is "taking" it from you. It never was... just relAX :)

True for the most part now, but several regional carriers still fly remnants of their old route system. The majors never "owned" them; they just provided oversight.

The only regional carrier that was around before 1985 that has lost ALL of their original routes is Air Wisconsin.

Latest resources

Back