• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First timer to Mexico

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good advice ... but what about the other 4% of the time. ;)

I forgot to mention that part... Those are the times I've gotten out of there by handing out ice cold cervezas to anyone within range until someone comes with the paperwork...

I actually noticed that mathematical error earlier and had the clock running on how long it would take until the first smart a$$ came along to point it out...

Where shall I mail your prize ??? :D

I forgot to mention that part... Those are the times I've gotten out of there by handing out ice cold cervezas to anyone within range until someone comes with the paperwork...

I actually noticed that mathematical error earlier and had the clock running on how long it would take until the first smart a$$ came along to point it out...

My speciality. Glad to win the prize!

Cevezas almost never work. They could care less about cevesas. Coca Cola is nearly always appreciated. Common sense is paramount. Don't insult their intelligence. Be properly prepared with all the appropriate declarations and passports ready for their inspection. Be polite and professional. A handler is always money well spent.

If it is the first time, use a handler. Once you meet the airport people, and get some email addresses from them, you can do it on your own. But your virgin trip to mexico should be with a handler.

If the owner can afford a Citation, he can afford a handler.

I'm a firm believer in handlers - they'll save your butt. They can also create mucho grief if they don't show up. :0 On our last foray into Mexico our handler dropped the ball. They not only failed to show up for us, but they failed to notify anyone that we were coming. Imagine the surprise on Mexican customs, immigration, policia, etc, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, our passengers were released very quickly. For a while I thought that HMR was going to have to do hard time in a Mexican jail. Me? I speak Spanish and I had my alibi all worked out - I was simply a passenger and HMR flew the jet there illegally, single-pilot, by himself. "Now I have to go with the others to the hotel." :D

LS

hey kids, i'm actually in mexico right now, in ciudad victoria. i forgot, can i file a regular duats flight plan to get back to the states, or do i need to do the ICAO? thanks...

hey kids, i'm actually in mexico right now, in ciudad victoria. i forgot, can i file a regular duats flight plan to get back to the states, or do i need to do the ICAO? thanks...

Call Universal .. they will take care of it for you ...

If not, hand in to the dude at the airport filing flight plans. Use the ICAO format.

Thanks for all the replies gents. The trip isn't until January, but you know what they say about getting your ducks in a row early. Also, we have 2 airplanes going down there in November for 20 days each. The SIC on one of those will by my SIC on the trip as he was born and raised in Mexico.

I definately think the handler idea is top notch and will request one.

Latest resources

Back