First flight since 12/9/02!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome back brother

Welcome back to the spirit of the air. There is something invigorating, when we as humans, break those bonds of gravity. Weather it be in a Cessna, Piper, ultra-light, it does something for the soul. (Though I feel sorry for those idiots who do it off a high building). Something good. Something wonderful.

Just the other day, I was asking the person I was flying w, when was the last time he had flown a small plane. It had been four or five years. For myself it has been two and a half years. I miss flying those little planes. I miss going to get that $100 hamburger. I miss going to look at the fall colors. I miss Put-In-Bay.

I guess with being married and with kids and with other responsibilites, I have not allowed myself to rellish the joys of being a private pilot. Thank you for shareing your experience with us. You reminded me of my first love...but don't tell my wife that.

Though my job may be flying airplanes, I still miss going to the airport early in the morning. Doing a pre-flight while it is still dark. Taking off just as the sun is showing itself over the horizon. I can be a morning person when it comes to flying.

Don't let it be so long until you come back up and see us!!

CJ610

You must take your initial - that's the first - CFI ride with the FSDO unless you can take advantage of the various options to get out of that (FSDO booked up etc.). For all other CFI checkrides, including a reinstatement, you can just wander of to your local DE and make it happen.

Hope that helps, and welcome back!

Latest resources

Back