First flight since 12/9/02!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HU-16

Well I haven't even visited flightinfo in a long time. Today a co-worker came in my office and started talking about airplanes. I started wondering how the hell I ended up behind a desk. Next thing I knew I had a plane booked later in the afternoon. For the most part I'm happy with my performance, but I'm pretty rusty. The third touch and go was like butter! I'm so pumped up I just had to tell somebody! Next up a checkout/bfr, damn I miss flying.........I didn't realize how much!

CFI expired?!?!? Have fun getting that one back. What a pain and now there you can't go to DE's anymore, it's off to the FSDO for you.

I know I shouldn't have let it happen, but rent and food seemed more important at the time!

HU-16 said:
I know I shouldn't have let it happen, but rent and food seemed more important at the time!

Welcome back! Is it true that you have to go through the FSDO for CFI now??

TiredOfTeaching said:
now there you can't go to DE's anymore, it's off to the FSDO for you.

Not always true. You can still get a LOA to take the checkride with a DE under certain circumstances (i.e. the FSDO is booked up for a while). In fact, someone just the other day at my airport took a CFI ride with a DE.

Regardless of what is posted on here, escaping the surface of the earth is the best there is is. Welcome back, It's great to have you.

Thanks Flyeys. As the evening has progressed I have had more time to reflect. I grew up riding dirt bikes, ATV's, snowmobiles, watercraft, etc. It seems to me that flying, while more restrictive, is a natural progression from those activities. As I have gotten older I don't have time for such "hobbies". I had no idea how much I missed all of that stuff until this afternoon. In fact, in my opinion it explains alot of my other extravagances. The riding or piloting time has a direct correlation to my alcohol consumption. If I have no opportunity to "pilot" a machine of any sort, I seem to drink more. Interesting..............anyone else notice such a phenomenon?

Congrats and welcome back. It's always refreshing to hear something on this board rejoicing about flying for once. It's usually just a snakepit of complainers and people bitching about something or someone (hence my signature).

Unfortunately, flying has moved from the "fun hobby" to the "job" category, but I still enjoy the view on a nice day and the satisfaction of a well planned visual approach leading to a nice landing.

Okay, that gets towards what I was talking about. At least there are a few still that look at flying as something to aspire too. Most of the people who post are soooooo negative...................let's hear from the schoolboy's heart..........if you know what I mean! I haven't flown in years, but I still revelled in a great landing, how many of you suckers enjoy a good landing?

Latest resources

Back