First flight job recommendations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TOGA

A friend of mine with about 500TT/300ME is about to start the search. I've given him my opinions . . . anyone else care to chime in? Yes, I tried long ago to dissuade him from pursuing this profession . . . to no avail. He's dying to be a big shot airline pilot like me (his words, not mine).

TOGA said:
A friend of mine with about 500TT/300ME is about to start the search. I've given him my opinions . . . anyone else care to chime in? Yes, I tried long ago to dissuade him from pursuing this profession . . . to no avail. He's dying to be a big shot airline pilot like me (his words, not mine).

If its so bad, why don't you get out?

First Job

What he needs to do if he doesn't already have it is get his CFI, CFII, and MEI. Go to work for a big school. Maybe one associated with a university and build lots of time rapidly.
TOGA said:

wmudriver said:
Go flight instruct and get some experience making decisions, build up your TT

Unless you don't want to flight instruct or would not be a good instructor, in which case don't listen to those who say that's the *only* way and go another route.

Apply at all the T-prop regionals while getting the CFI and building time. I know they are having trouble getting pilots. All they can do is turn him down. They after a couple years of that he will have the hours to go somewhere like the on-demand or 135 charter business where he can get T-jet time and T-Jet PIC, then he has the credentials to move anywhere. In 10 years, he has a good shot at making $100K/yr. There is a growing pilot shortage on the lower end of the business. If you like to fly, this is still a great career.

Right now is prime season for jobs flying circles around the ditch. 500 TT is all he needs.....He can make a boat load of cash doing that, instruct in the off season and he'll have competitive times in no time.....

Call aircraft sales places and look for a ferry pilot job. Best way to build time for a low timer IMHO. Hes got the hours to maybe get on somewhere.

Latest resources

Back